PDA

View Full Version : Are all FreeDC teams rising up the rankings?

badsac
01-26-2002, 06:08 AM
Because one Free-DC team isn't. The D2OL team has went down to 4th from 3rd, and going by the fact Ars TFY has almost twice our membership, and are number 3 producer at the minute, means we will be going down another place sooner rather than later. Have a look at this;

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~damsac/D2OLsuck.jpg

So are we going to start a culture of mediocrity for FreeDC with the D2OL team? I hope not. A few boxes would be wonderful.

Richard Clyne
01-26-2002, 08:04 AM
Free-DC SETI team is another team moving in the wrong direction. :(

Most our success has been due to donations from inactive accounts.

We could do with more boxen.

mr_mann
01-26-2002, 10:10 AM
in the past two days i have ramped my production up from 6 a day to todays which should be 10 i think i can get it up to atleast 14

IronBits
01-26-2002, 11:06 AM
We are young (not even 1 month old yet). Do not let the lack of stats or team member numbers bother you. I believe we are doing very well.

We have many Teams and we are on the charts and we are visible - this is a good thing.
Go yonder and recruit everywhere there are no teams or DC subjects. Introduce and promote your/our causes, build your teams, and most of all, take your time and have fun with it. Colin can't do it all...

We have small teams with few members, and it does us no good in the long run toask our other team members to come to assist us... yet...

For example, we have a UD gauntlet coming up soon with Relic and his Horde.
Do we stand a chance? Doubt it.
Will that stop me from trying? Hell no.
If I am the only one able to answer the call this time around, so be it. I had better not be Supp! :)
We will make our mark, and with each gauntlet, I expect to raise that mark a notch, each and every time.

At this stage, our voracity and will is being tested, as is our humor and camradery, not our strengths in numbers. Put emphasis on having fun and developing ways to increase your memberships, and your Team sites.

Dyyryath has been working hard to get you all a nice comfy home for each Team. Be thinking of ways to make it the best damn site for each project. You will need Add-ons, News, FAQs, Tips & Tricks, linkages to downloads for your team, etc. while we provide the STATS to help show you how well each of you are doing. To give you a benchmark of your progress as you build in strength. An increase of only 1 per week, is good. Time is on our side.

Anyone expecting more than this right now, is being foolish and bound to get disappointed. Don't get caught going down that road.

We are in this for the long haul. If we never become #1 in any project, I can live with that. (altho, I think it would be awesome to be #1 !) ;)

If you want to build your teams and be successful, you must go younder and Recruit! Recruit! Recruit!
Rather than saying something negative, stay focused on what we/you have done, stay positive! Promote the good and ignore the bad. Rather than complain that you only did 10 today, say, well, we did 12 yesterday, got 10 today, let's see if we can get 13 tomorrow. And if you don't, so what, YOU are doing something and that's what really counts. You care and 'we' can all see your efforts, and 'we' are all in this together. Welcome home and keep up the good work!
:D

mr_mann
01-26-2002, 11:23 AM
well said IB :D

Richard Clyne
01-26-2002, 12:21 PM
Okay IB, post read,understood and yes, your right.

Patience is required.

We will get there.:)

IronBits
01-26-2002, 12:54 PM
I only have 3 Servers running full time, 2 of them are *nix Servers.
I have Seti running on the w2k Server atm, was Folding.
I have Folding on both *nix Servers, Seti didn't work well.
I have to be careful with the clients I run on these Servers, as uptime and reliability are most important, clients are secondary.

I have my god box I use for gaming and what not.
It is running UD now to get ready for the gauntlet in about a week, and it also has D2OL running on it again atm. But, this one is part time, although I may let it run fulltime during a gauntlet.

If I had a box for each project, that would be ideal. Then I could participate in all of them.
Hmmm, I had that once, and then some, but, California electricity is too expensive to run much more than 3-4 computers 24/7, and even at that, it costs me over $200 per month!
Many California DC Farms have fallen because of this. :(

Do what you can with what you have... If you can't crunch, get out there and recruit. Can't recruit, then there is always something you can do to help out. Just be careful what you ask or volunteer for :D You might get more work than R/L will allow. ;) :)

Richard Clyne
01-26-2002, 08:46 PM
Thanks for additional machine IB :D

guru
01-29-2002, 12:39 AM
I refuse to run seti anymore but I can give the team a big moral booster. Look for it in the stats.

guru

Richard Clyne
01-29-2002, 01:07 AM
:D :D :D :D W O W :D :D :D :D

That will certainly boost moral. Such generosity.

I don't mind dropping to 4th for that.

IronBits
01-29-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by guru
I refuse to run seti anymore but I can give the team a big moral booster. Look for it in the stats.

guru
Holy shit!!!!!! Nice one. :D

Darkness Productions
01-29-2002, 08:08 AM
Christ almighty!!!! That just scared the shit out of me.... If SpeedRacer was 80 some odd percent of the team before, I'm not sure I want to see those numbers for the guru account are ungodly!!!! That should give us one helluva boost... Thanks for the bump guru :D

Dyyryath
01-29-2002, 02:40 PM
Sweet. :)

It's always kinda cool seeing the 800lb gorilla on the block throwing his weight around. :D :D

Elaw74[H]
02-08-2002, 10:33 PM
I have all the confidence in the world that you guys are going to do very well over time. But time is the key word there, you recruit one person at a time. And stay the cool bunch of guys you are and before you know it you will be second only to the [H] ;)

IronBits
02-08-2002, 11:23 PM
Thanks! I can live with that... for awhile. :D