PDA

View Full Version : New Math Project (zetagrid)

IronBits
01-07-2003, 10:06 AM
http://www.zetagrid.net FYI

Supp
01-16-2003, 05:20 PM
Anybody here can explain (in really plain way) what's this project doing?

vaughan
01-20-2003, 12:52 AM
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: zeta.ZetaCalc
at zeta.ZetaClient$2.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at zeta.ZetaClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at zeta.ZetaClient.main(Unknown Source)

Anarchy99
01-20-2003, 01:06 AM
I guess his IP provider booted him or screwed something up and it will take a couple of days to get him back, so he decided to go with someone else who is cheaper.

as of friday he said try again next week

I tried to start it up to see how it worked and decide if I liked it or not and got the same error you did

I will try mon or tue to run it again but oh well

A99

vaughan
01-20-2003, 09:28 PM
What's wrong with Distributed Computing projects these days?
We've seen Pulse aka Project Dolphin abandoned by its creator becuase he got tired of it and had no further interest or inclination to pursue it. We've got this Zeta thingy that won't even start. We've got Neo that is on again off again trying to hack MicroSoft's X-Box encryption. Folding at Home decided it only wanted the almighty strong and powerful brigade to play so they set an arbitrary task return cut-off period; just to confuse the newbie even more - you can use the Folding at Home application but join with a certain team number (above 100,000 I think) and magically you start running for Genome at Home. Hey lets just have one programme and select from a control panel the DC task you'd like to run today! On top of this we have Sengent's TSC and D2OL apps that can't string a week together without the stats pages falling over. Ubero can't get any new work to crunch. Seti that seems plagued with allegations of cheating . . .
have I left any out?

Anarchy99
01-20-2003, 10:02 PM
you forgot to find something wrong with ecc2-109 :|punch|:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

alpha
01-21-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Anarchy99
you forgot to find something wrong with ecc2-109 :|punch|:

The stats. ;)

Supp
01-21-2003, 06:27 AM
...and ChessBrain isn't still in Phase2 :(

...and ClimatePrediction hasn't started yet...

:cry: :cry:

Tax Bracket
01-21-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by vaughan
have I left any out?

SeventeenOrBust.....going strong, no major problems, good stats, getting results, and we are looking for new members for the team if you are up for it...

:cheers:

Supp
01-21-2003, 12:53 PM
:thumbs: That's right :thumbs:

:|ot|: BTW:

5 TaxBracket 547.301 G cEMs 119.840 K cEMs/sec
6 supp 468.934 G cEMs 546.453 K cEMs/sec

:smoking:

Darkness Productions
01-21-2003, 01:43 PM
You hush, I'm already on that :)

Originally posted by alpha
The stats. ;)

PY 222
01-21-2003, 02:42 PM
Looks like RC5-72 and DF is the only few good projects left out there huh....

Oh well.... at least I am on both of em for now...:thumbs:

Supp
01-21-2003, 03:21 PM
& FaD ! :thumbs:

PY 222
01-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Supp
& FaD ! :thumbs:

What is that? Never heard of it!

Supp
01-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Imagine UD/THINK in less fancy&commercial fashion, dedicted support and non-profit soon-to-be charity ==> FaD (Find-a-Drug.com/org)

...run by Keith Davies, man who programmed THINK software. Quite good client with Linux beta comming within few weeks...

alpha
01-22-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Darkness Productions
You hush, I'm already on that :)

It isn't terribly impressive, but I'm also working on a little something (http://www.btinternet.com/~matt_mills/ecc2_stats.txt) myself. :D

Darkness Productions
01-22-2003, 11:16 AM
I'm working more along the lines of all teams and all users ;) But the stuff you have looks great. Hopefully, I can get the rest of the bugs worked out soon...

It isn't terribly impressive, but I'm also working on a little something (http://www.btinternet.com/~matt_mills/ecc2_stats.txt) myself. :D

rus6
01-22-2003, 11:36 AM

Certainly much better then the pen and paper method I used this morning to work out that it would be finished in 406 days! :D

I was just intrigued to know roughly when the project would finish.

I'm surprised the ECC2 site doesn't have these stats up.

alpha
01-22-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by rus6
Certainly much better then the pen and paper method I used this morning to work out that it would be finished in 406 days! :D

That's why I've started doing that little stat summary, I was getting my calculator out each day to work stuff out. This saves a little fingerwork :) By the way, I'm updating that file once per day at the moment, so it is reasonably reliable for general stats (saves you ink and paper anyway ;)). I'm still working on an HTML version.

I'm surprised the ECC2 site doesn't have these stats up.

You know what, I can't say I am. What we have seen from the ECC2 stats team so far has been dissapointing to say the least. The stats are unreliable, slow and minimalistic. I hate to put them down like this, but the project has been running for months and we haven't had respectable stats so far. I don't doubt this has put off many participants (Free-DC potentials!) already.

With ECCp-109 Chris did an excellent job with the stats. Its a shame he didn't volunteer to do the ECC2 stats as well IMHO.

Supp
01-22-2003, 04:42 PM

You know what, I can't say I am. What we have seen from the ECC2 stats team so far has been dissapointing to say the least. The stats are unreliable, slow and minimalistic. I hate to put them down like this, but the project has been running for months and we haven't had respectable stats so far. I don't doubt this has put off many participants (Free-DC potentials!) already.

With ECCp-109 Chris did an excellent job with the stats. Its a shame he didn't volunteer to do the ECC2 stats as well IMHO.
:cry: exactly...I hoped for better/same stats ECCp109 had, but, well, you can see it yourself. :(

This and prize money distribution kept me off ECC2.

alpha
01-25-2003, 06:45 AM
Just added a couple more little statistics (http://www.btinternet.com/~matt_mills/ecc2_stats.txt), including some team numbers. I know it's barely worth looking at, but someone might find it useful :) The only reason I'm doing it is because these numbers aren't provided by the stats team, and it beats using the official (overall) stats directly.