PDA

View Full Version : A few questions...

dnar
01-10-2003, 04:32 AM
Hello Free-DC, greetings and Happy New year. :)

I am interested in this project, and have a few questions, if you don't mind.

1. Roughly how long to generate a set of data (for upload)?
2. What happens if your on dial-up, and the cleint attempts to upload results while off-line?
3. How often does the "top results" file get updated?
4. Running optimised clients, is there an Intel/AMD advantage one way of another?

Many thanks. :)

Supp
01-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Happy new year, I'll try to answer your questions...

1. Roughly how long to generate a set of data (for upload)?
If current best250 file is used, client generates about 5-7 results/day (on AthlonXP 1700+). If you run manualsend_daemon.exe, it'll force sending when results.txt >= 50kb, that's +- 40 results...so it's once in 5 days for me. If you don't run daemon, client will try to send when results.txt >= 100 kb, same numbers*2 here.

2. What happens if your on dial-up, and the cleint attempts to upload results while off-line?
I'm not on dial-up, but if I remember correctly, it'll ask to connect and wait (unless, you've allowed to connect automatically - in IE connection options or turned autosending off in config.txt) or it won't do anything and continue crunching...

3. How often does the "top results" file get updated?
Last one's from Oct-27-2002, but many users compile their own "BestList". Would you like some ?:D

4. Running optimised clients, is there an Intel/AMD advantage one way of another?
Shortly: AMD rocks, P4 doesn't, as usual...

If you've got anymore questions, ask away. :)

dnar
01-10-2003, 09:54 AM

GenomeX
01-13-2003, 12:35 AM
I made a site that has all your answers plus more:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/theace1/MuonMain.html

Hope it helps :)

dnar
01-13-2003, 03:32 AM
Great, thanks for that. :)