PDA

View Full Version : I need info from users

jjjjL
01-12-2003, 02:50 AM
I'm doing a presentation on SB at a local NPACI meeting.

I have a section where I talk about the "average user". I looked though profiles but I want a little more data.

I want you to post OR email me (if you can't post to the forum) [lhelm@umich.edu] if you currently run SB _and_ you are any one of the following:

1) Younger than 18

2) Currently in China

3) Currently in India

4) Currently in Russia

5) Female

*edit* 6) Anywhere in Africa

-Louie

PS - no posting unless you are one of the above. thanks. :)

kmd
01-12-2003, 12:15 PM
Count me for the "Under 18" category.

dfamily
01-13-2003, 09:16 AM
qudgrl is a female running one amd 1700xp and a k6-2/500 in an office environment - she selected sb over seti in order to find at least one of the primes...

Cowering
01-14-2003, 09:39 PM
'Missy' on my TeamRetro is a girl, and a couple others are from Hong Kong.. if that counts.

flup
01-15-2003, 07:48 PM
hi, I fall in category 5.
flup

p.s. this does not, to me, seem like a good way to find out what percentage of users is in any of your categories. especially since I had to register with free-dc before I could enter my reply. but then again maybe you are not trying to determine percentages?

jjjjL
01-16-2003, 08:35 PM
I don't need exact numbers but I just wanted to see if there were *any* of the above groups involved.

For instance, until now, the only females I knew of were Dave's and my ex-girlfriends ;) [and recently, my good friends Meghan and Sarah].

Also, for "under 18" the only ones I knew of were my lil bro and sis.

There's sort of a difference between "1 degree" users who know me in real life and those who run SB without personally knowing me.

Thanks to those of you who spoke up and posted (and those who emailed me). Your info will help me for my presentation. A few good talks and maybe Dave and I will get some real resources to work on SB with. We hope so anyway. :)

I recieved confirmation by email that we definately have users in China and Africa. Russia has two inactive users. India is still MIA.

I'm gonna unstick-ify the post and make it "free game" for anyone who wants to reply from here on out. Thanks again.

-Louie

neb
02-06-2003, 02:20 PM
I missed this thread due to being on a DF run. I am also a female. We really do exist :p I have a bunch of computers in my basement and everything :eek:

dragongoddess
02-15-2003, 11:11 PM
I know its probably late but here goes.

female
age 50
grandmother
running a small farm of 4 machines. 3 are running SOB
1 xp2000
2 xp1800
1 amd 1.4ghz

Present rank is #11 on the ARS TPR team

MAD-ness
02-19-2003, 02:12 AM
Her 'sig' is accurate.

She IS trouble! ;)

=)

How did that speech go Louie?

dragongoddess
02-21-2003, 06:20 PM
you are just jealous madness. Of what I have no idea but it sounds good.