PDA

View Full Version : STATS suggestion

IronBits
01-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Any chance we can track all our team members on every project?
I'd like to know before I get dragged into a guantlet, how much fire power I'm up against :D
Of course, if we had our Super Computer database it would help alot to! :bang:
JTrinkle, is it ok to pass out the URL so they can start putting in their computers? It looks nice! :smoking: :thumbs:

Dyyryath
01-18-2003, 02:57 PM
That's an interesting idea that I've been playing with myself. I'm not sure just yet, but I am looking into it. We'll see how it works out.

If you & Jim have a new Supercomputer Database in the works, that'd be FANTASTIC. :thumbs:

IronBits
01-20-2003, 01:59 AM
I noticed the font for 'Best RMS' is alot bigger then the others...

IronBits
01-26-2003, 04:12 AM
Fonts not the same size...
All Teams Page Total Users BIGGER
Teams Page Best RMS BIGGER
Teams Page MOVE BIGGER
Make them all the same size, and I think I can get more information on the screen :D

Dyyryath
01-26-2003, 04:25 AM
What in the WORLD are you talking about?! :confused:

All the fonts are the same class. They should be the same size. They're all the same size on my browsers (Netscape 7.01, Galeon, Phoenix, Konqueror, IE 6).

What browser are you using?

Email me a screenshot and the text from 'view source' would you?

I think you're just trying to distract me from adding more machines this week. ;) :D

IronBits
01-26-2003, 05:11 AM
Me? :rolleyes: ;) Notice the number 1595 is smaller in the header?
http://www.dbestern.com/files/dyy_allteams.png
I emailed you a snippet of the view src...
http://www.dbestern.com/files/dyy_team.png
IE 5.5 of course :) Does it in Konqueror to -- Mandrake 9.0
http://www.dbestern.com/files/dyy_team1.png
I don't think in " color: #000000; " <--- the ; needs to be there does it?
/me shrugs and quickly steps aside before the master steps on little-O grasshopper :D

IronBits
01-26-2003, 05:32 AM
Who FROZE my post count at 1413 ???? :swear: :help: :cry:
ACK! Yours is frozen at 730 but that's ok :D :rotfl:
I think I had best go off to bed lest I get into more trouble :(

I also got thrashed so bad in Q3 tonight, worse even than your punishing treatments... I was like -14 when he won. Killed me everytime, I think I got him ONCE! Ugh! Disgusting... :cry:
In fact, I thought it was YOU really... hmm, it wasn't you was it? ;)

Paratima
01-26-2003, 10:26 AM
All the fonts are the same class. They should be the same size. They're all the same size on my browsers (Netscape 7.01, Galeon, Phoenix, Konqueror, IE 6). Dyy, I have a couple of boxen running IE5.5 and on them, there is a difference in the font sizes.

Angus
01-26-2003, 11:04 AM
Ditto on IE 5.0 .

If I play with the View|Text Size setting, the 'Team Totals' line of numbers, and the Best RMS' column both change sizes, but the rest of the fields stay the same size.

Ummm - it's all the fields that don't have mouse-overs that are different font sizes.

Moogie
01-26-2003, 12:30 PM
Ditto for Konqueror here.

IronBits
01-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Angus
it's all the fields that don't have mouse-overs that are different font sizes.
Damn you're good! :)

Originally posted by IronBits
Notice the number 1595 is smaller in the header?
It's a mouse-over, the rest are not, in that header.
By golly by yimminie :o

Dyyryath
01-26-2003, 01:49 PM
I've sent you an email about Konqueror (and other stuff) IB. Try the directions in the email and let me know how it works out.

So far, it looks like these weird font issues are browser font-handling issues, but I'm still looking into it.

I've determined that Konqueror has some weird font-handling traits. :rolleyes:

Moogie
01-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
I've sent you an email about Konqueror (and other stuff) IB. Try the directions in the email and let me know how it works out.

So far, it looks like these weird font issues are browser font-handling issues, but I'm still looking into it.

I've determined that Konqueror has some weird font-handling traits. :rolleyes:

Dyy...could you send me the info about Konqueror as well? I've been having someproblems with it...i'd like to try it out.

Tx

Dyyryath
01-26-2003, 02:31 PM
Moogie, these weren't directions for fixing Konqueror, but rather just a test to see if he got the same results that I did.

However, I think I may have this problem sorted now. Those of you who were seeing it, try looking at the pages now. You may need to manually 'reload' them. Let me know if the text is all the same size now.

Back on the subject of Konqueror, I'd like to say I could recommend it, but it's still got some issues, especially with CSS stuff. Nothing earth-shattering or major, but enough to annoy me.

Maybe you should give the latest Mozilla or one of the Mozilla based browsers a whirl. I usually use Galeon, but I've been tinkering with Phoenix lately and I like it a lot. Netscape 7.01 should also work really well under Linux (and Windows for that matter).

Moogie
01-26-2003, 02:37 PM
Well, I've got Mozilla, Galeon and Netscape on this box. I'll check them out. I've been having some problems with Kinqueror...most of which I've found some work arounds. Nothing big.

I'll go try the stats now. Thanks again!

IronBits
01-26-2003, 02:49 PM
HOT DAMN! :D :D :D :D :D :D
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
Is there anything this guy can't do? ;) :thumbs:

IronBits
01-26-2003, 02:57 PM
Oh OH /me waves hands frantically
I know I know... I know ONE!!!
He can't play a game of Q3 without shoving rockets up my arse :D
:rotfl: :jester:

Angus
01-26-2003, 03:02 PM
Dyy is the ONE !!! :notworthy

Working perfectly in IE 5, and 5.5 now.

Paratima
01-26-2003, 09:46 PM
A-ffirmed!! :thumbs:

IronBits
02-08-2003, 12:29 PM
I see we got another NEGATIVE stats run :( :bang:
How about a quick spyder code change that compares the date/time of the previous file you get from DF site. If it's older or the same, either try again, to see if you can get the correct one from the most updated Server he runs over there :rolleyes: or just skip it ;)