PDA

View Full Version : Lookout Condor!

Dyyryath
01-18-2003, 02:46 PM
You know, now that I think about it, Anarchy99's right. This forum has been far too quiet lately. So...

Condor: You've always impressed me with your constant, never-ending production. You've just quietly slugged away day in and day out while others came and went.

Unfortunately, I've decided that I want the number one position so I'm coming to get it. This is your one warning. If you don't step it up, I'm gonna have to put the beatdown on you!

xj10bt: You're another one that I've respected in the past. The numbers you're capable of putting up are the only threat I really see. Have you crawled off under a rock permanently or is there still some fight left in you?

IronBits: You've just always been a pain in my ass. :D I know you've been running around playing with other projects and taking a break from DC in general, but I've begun to suspect it's just because you're afraid to face me. Come on back over to DF and fight you ninnie!!

Paratima: I used to hear bold words coming from this guy. He even had me looking over my shoulder with some serious trepidation on a couple of occasions, but it's always been just 'too little, too late'. So, Paratima, have you got anything left or is 'too little, too late' all you've got to offer? ;)

devzero: Yup, you look like you could be contender, but you've still got a way to go...can you step and fight me for the daily production crown? Well....can ya?

Anarchy99: I've heard rumors that there's some little guy around here stirring up trouble. Seems to think he's coming to put the smack down on everyone. I'm afraid it's going to take a bit more than he's showing so far. However, he has just about matched that pesky IronBits for production... :D

IronBits
01-18-2003, 02:56 PM
Damn you Anarchy99, now look what ya done!!!
Ya went and woke up Master Dyyryath. :bang:
Now he's tossing gauntlets around like they were candy. :notworthy
;) :D

Dyyryath
01-18-2003, 03:02 PM
The quick-witted members of our forum will notice that my friend THE NINNIE carefully avoided accepting my challenge, and instead tried to skirt the issue with a post that is fooling no one. ;) :D

So, in the hopes of dragging some sort of response from IB befitting a man rather than a poodle, let me make this as plain as I can:

COME GET SOME, IRONBITS, YOU COWARD!!!

:D :moon: :D :moon: :D :moon: :D

Paratima
01-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Who IS that, makin' all the noise?

Can't a fellow get a little rest around here? :sleepy:

Dyyryath
01-18-2003, 03:53 PM
LOL :rotfl:

Moogie
01-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
The quick-witted members of our forum will notice that my friend THE NINNIE carefully avoided accepting my challenge, and instead tried to skirt the issue with a post that is fooling no one. ;) :D

So, in the hopes of dragging some sort of response from IB befitting a man rather than a poodle, let me make this as plain as I can:

Quick witted? WHERE? :D

Now don't you go picking on IB...no matter HOW true your statements may be. Why he's not scared of you Dyy...he's um, just giving the little people a chance. Right IB? He could beat you with one hand tied behind is back, standing on his head, while dancing to the theme song of Barney! Right IB??? IB?? IB?? IB..where'd you go? IB?

:crazy:

Anarchy99
01-18-2003, 04:00 PM
NO REST FOR THE WICKED :swear:

why Dyyryath you underestimate the futile devotion I have too see the powers that be bow before the surfs whos backs have carried the DC world far to long :eek:

thus my handle "ANARCHY99"

a little revolution now and then is a good thing :eek:

I will grow and taunt and push and shove cause I can run faster "scared" than you can "mad"
:rotfl:

IronBits
01-18-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Moogie
Quick witted? WHERE? :D
Now don't you go picking on IB...no matter HOW true your statements may be. Why he's not scared of you Dyy...he's um, just giving the little people a chance. Right IB? He could beat you with one hand tied behind is back, standing on his head, while dancing to the theme song of Barney! Right IB??? IB?? IB?? IB..where'd you go? IB?
:crazy:
True statements?!?!? :confused:
He wasn't talking like that last year when I was cranking 4 million plus, before I had to sell off 3 Dual XP1900s and 1/2 my pharm :D or didn't ya notice :rotfl: :D
I even made FoBoT crank it up and xj10bt just walked away :bs: :rotfl:
I feel like I'm being torn from limb to limb here:bang:
I just got thru thrashing everyone in dnet (#1 :D
Supp wants a piece of me over here http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=19176#post19177
What's a fella to do :confused: :sleepy: :cry:

Supp
01-18-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
Supp wants a piece of me over here http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=19176#post19177
What's a fella to do :confused: :sleepy: :cry:

Be sure I want one! :p :crazy:

IronBits
01-18-2003, 06:10 PM
:cry: Crap, you guys are gonna make me give up gaming! :cry:
:help: :moon: :jester:

Dyyryath
01-18-2003, 06:13 PM
That's OK, you sucked at it anyway. :D :moon: :D

IronBits
01-18-2003, 06:17 PM
That's OK, you sucked at it anyway. :D :moon: :D HA HA HA HA HA Good one, touche'
/me wipes tears from eyes... :notworthy
Bring on that Q3 Server you keep promising and find your buddy Shadicus to help you. :cheers:
or we could just use guru's Server... :smoking:
It's been awhile ole friend.
And where is that 'breaker of rule #1' when ya need him?

Dyyryath
01-18-2003, 06:23 PM
Heh, I'm still all hung up on Battlefield:1942. We play every night. Of course, we did play some UT2k3 for the first time in ages Thursday night. I'd forgotten how much I like the faster gameplay. :cool:

Where the hell is JT anyway?

IronBits
01-18-2003, 06:29 PM
I've been playing UT2003 every day for a month at least.
I picked up the CLAW and MX700 mouse, and I have to admit, my gaming has improved tremendously (better than a newbie) ;)
I can't beat the 'kids', but I'm holding my own...
I'm not in the 'fear me' catagory yet, but if you let your guard down, or stand still for a micro-second, you will be toast. :rotfl:
I love them frag fests, I don't know the names of all the maps yet, but the one in a square room, where ya can sneak up stairs and snipe at folks trying to get to the rocket launcher before being killed is a hoot, as is the one with the open grassy/rocky area is awesome. :D That photon blaster thing is hard to handle, but I'm getting the hang of it... Oh, and my favorite one is the one where ya can float around on them wooden walkways to arm and shield up, then drop down and shoot folks while floating down :D :D

Dyyryath
01-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Yeah, the MX700 rocks. I've got two of them now. I was originally skeptical, but I bought one figuring I could always use it on my workstation if I didn't like it. After using it for a week or two I went and bought another for my other game box. I'll probably by two more in the next couple of weeks. ;)

Hell, it even works flawlessly on my Icemat (glass mousepad).

I've seen some ads for the CLAW. What do you think of it?

Darkness Productions
01-18-2003, 09:04 PM
Speaking of Shadicus, where the hell has he been???

[B]Bring on that Q3 Server you keep promising and find your buddy Shadicus to help you. :cheers:

IronBits
01-19-2003, 12:41 AM
I've seen some ads for the CLAW. What do you think of it? Is it worth $60, hell no!!! Is it awesome? YES ;)
Does it make you a better gamer? No brainer, YES. If this one breaks would I buy another one? YES :D
It has 10 buttons you can map. If you map one of them as a SHIFT, then you can get double the buttons, almost...
Fits the hand perfectly for them long game sessions with no cramps.
Standard buttons forward-back and left-right then one for jump.
That leaves 5 standard buttons open for weapon selection :)
You can also program each button, this allows you to get that ole jump/rocket fire - leap :D
Does alot more, I'm still in 'basic' mode myself. I doubt I'll get all fancy with the programing, and, it supports just about every damn game out there. There are a few templates already for specific games, which you can mod of course. Plugs into the USB port to.
It rocks! Out of 5 I give it a
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: up :D
There is a learning curve, to get the brain and fingers to work without thinking in a reactionary manner, necessary for being a good fragger of course. I did it by playing a single session for an hour or so, then took a break, then a couple hours later, another longer session. Next day, same thing in 3 sessions... not planned that way, just what happened. 3rd day, I was online, started dying alot, then finally, it all hooked up, and I was making my way up the chart. Now I'm mostly in the top 5ish no matter whom I'm playing. Damn kids are sharp as tacks with eagle eyes, so you can't stand around in one place and try to sniper one ... I learned that one early on :D UT2003 is great eh?! ;)
Oh, there is a new map out there that resembles that great Q3 map you like to play, Q3DM6 :crazy:
Thanks to the CLAW and the MX700, I am now able to hit folks in mid air, something I have never been able to do, as I'm sure you can remember.
I can guarantee you won't ever skunk me again! :rotfl:
http://www.claw.com.au

Scoofy12
01-20-2003, 10:07 PM
dude! i just became a bf1942 addict, where do you guys play?

IronBits
01-20-2003, 11:36 PM
I pick some of the fastest ping sites that the UT2003 pulls up under the DM games selection and randomly jump in the fray. :D

Condor
01-22-2003, 04:00 PM

Unfortunately, I've decided that I want the number one position so I'm coming to get it. This is your one warning. If you don't step it up, I'm gonna have to put the beatdown on you!

Okay Mr. Dyyryath,
I got your very subtle point.
I brought some machines back from TPR.
It looks like we are even for the last 24 hours.:D
So now the ball is in your court.:thumbs:

Dyyryath
01-22-2003, 04:37 PM
AH! So at least one of you guys isn't a pansy. :D :D

OK, Condor, I'll see what I can do over the next week. :cool:

Dyyryath
01-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Scoofy12
dude! i just became a bf1942 addict, where do you guys play?

Generally at the house. I'm a pretty avid gamer so I've actually got a room upstairs with 5 systems designed just to play on. We run a dedicated server on another system downstairs. Generally, we play Coop: humans (4 or 5 of us) vs bots (30 or 40 of them) strictly on the LAN.

Once the Linux version of the dedicated server is stable, I'll be hosting a server that select outside players can come join. You'll be more than welcome, of course! :thumbs:

IronBits
06-20-2003, 08:56 PM

Well, here I am, where are you? OH, what the heck you doing way down there? ;)
I came all the way up here for this? And now I find you wanting :cry: :D
Hugs and :kiss: from YOUR fearless leader :harhar: :neener:

Ok troops, salute!
:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
:D

Anarchy99
06-20-2003, 10:12 PM
as soon as I find out why I am goofed up in the stats I am going to open the flood gates on all of you :Pokes:

you will all know my wrath :trash:

PY 222
06-20-2003, 10:23 PM
Come on A99, show em who is Boss around here!!!

Bring out your shinny beatdown stick and start pounding... :bonk:

Dyyryath
06-21-2003, 01:50 AM
Well, here I am, where are you? OH, what the heck you doing way down there? ;)
I came all the way up here for this? And now I find you wanting :cry: :D
Hugs and :kiss: from YOUR fearless leader :harhar: :neener:

Ok troops, salute!
:D

LOL :D

You know, it took you nearly 5 months to come up with that. Perhaps I should refrain from further banter with you... I'd hate to tie up your brain cell for another 5 months! Who knows, you may want to use it to make toast or something. ;) :D

IronBits
06-21-2003, 02:41 AM
:rotfl: I was just coming in here to remove the post, as I can see there is a minor problem with the client that prevents you from breaking out the BIG IRON...
and that is, an apparent memory leak of some sorts :bang:
It took them almost 5 months to bring out the new client, and for me to get my pharms all updated to prepare to do battle ;) only to have this now :cry:
Have a great time at the wedding tomorrow. :thumbs:
Hurry back tho, so you can add some colors to the stats... k? :hifi:
:cheers:

Dyyryath
06-21-2003, 03:08 AM
Yeah, I've noticed the memory problems, but it's not affecting all of my systems. I've actually got some that are using less memory than they probably should. :confused:

Some of my clients running with the -rt switch are only using about 40mb of RAM. Others seem to gradually grow (often into the 400mb range). Until this is fixed, it'll definately preclude me using it on any kind of work systems. It'll even keep me from running it on some of my home boxes. :(

Howard seems pretty competent, though, so hopefully this will get worked out in short order.

gopher_yarrowzoo
06-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Hmm I wonder does Conder Seti - I don't see his name there.. yeah are your right IB needs his butt kicked (again and again and again...) oh maybe he's still recovering from the time a few monthes back I like erm smoked :smoking: him on Seti :P
hmm so I may not be in the 10 ten of Seti but hey My boxen is a smokin' boxen now :crazy: :scared: :machgun:

IronBits
06-21-2003, 10:49 PM
Good job gopher_yarrowzoo ! :thumbs:
:cheers:

Condor
06-23-2003, 08:31 AM
Congrats Gopher.

I don't think Condor does SETI anymore.
He is still trying to recover from those tracks you left on his back.:notworthy