PDA

View Full Version : SobSeive Results Submission suggestion

dmbrubac
01-23-2003, 04:06 PM
What with all the whirlwind pace of client updates, it is possible a portion of a range missed the seive. I don't think I missed any, but I almost did, which got me thinking......

Can we get a report back of our submitted results? We could then check for obvious gaps and redo the seive in the gap. It wouldn't catch the small gaps, but it is better than nothing.

jjjjL
01-24-2003, 03:49 AM
http://www.seventeenorbust.com/sieve/results.txt

results below 100G not shown to stop it from being too long. it will rebuild itself every night at 3:45am EST.

-Louie

Mystwalker
01-24-2003, 04:41 AM
How about a short stat on the sieve page

"user x" "that many numbers submitted"
"user y" "that many numbers submitted"

Just a spontaneous idea...

dmbrubac
01-24-2003, 08:27 AM
ask and you shall receive!

Thanks Louie

RangerX
01-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Sometimes the columns don't line up due to the use of tabs and the fact that sometimes the numbers are too big and overrun the column. If this is being outputted just for us to look at, may I suggest outputting a couple spaces after the n number (one space will do if all the n's are >= 7 digits long). Since a tab automatically skips to the end of the next 8-space column, it won't matter for the >= 8 digit long n values, but for the <= 7 digit long values it will allow the userid columns to line up with the rest.

Just a suggestion to make it easier to read. Programs would still be able to read it, but it'd require the extra code to ignore spaces and look for the tab seperating the data.