PDA

View Full Version : Client re-write update?

MAD-ness
01-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

How is the re-write of the client coming along and can you provide us with any sort of ETA?

Also, how is the work with the FLOPS style scoring system coming along, when might we see it implemented and will it applied to past work (i.e. recalculate work already done using it) or will it somehow be appended to the current stats?

Thanks. :)

jjjjL
01-27-2003, 07:11 PM
FLOPS are going to come first. They are almost ready and will apply to past work since it will only make things more fair. I'd expect it in the next month sometime.

The new client will come later. Dave has a new code base with improved modularity.... but he doesn't have time right now to finish it. I'll probably release a "point-release" of some sort in a month or two. Maybe a service version of the current client too.

Sieve is taking my attention more right now. I think it is a good place to put some of my time/energy too. Considering the new system has improved the sieve efficiency at least 100x over (no exageration), it's worth it.

There are also a few extra surprises around the corner. ;) And no, I can't tell you (yet).... that's why it's a surprise.

-Louie

MAD-ness
01-28-2003, 01:45 AM
Thank you for the update.