PDA

View Full Version : OpenBSD/Intel - FreeBSD/Linux emulation for DF client

nitrile
01-29-2003, 06:27 AM
I wonder if anyone on this forum has any experience with this and could direct me to some appropriate documentation (or, advise me directly) so I can enable my acting router to run this project. While not particularly fast the possibility of running something other than SETI on it to me at least, is worth the effort to at least investigate.

I'm running the base (or near-base) 3.2 release, and though I've attempted to install the FreeBSD emulation package for the FBSD DF client I've not had any success.

Furthermore and DF-specific, I attempted to run the FreeBSD client in the (apparently misguided :) ) hope it would be more easily configured - since it's clearly going to be a battle anyway would I be better off persisting with the Linux emulation route? Which client is 'faster' on any given hardware (or no difference) ? Granted this may be subjective but any indication I would appreciate.

Brian the Fist
01-29-2003, 11:19 AM
I know at least two people have run it and have used the linux binary on openBSD in linux compatibility mode. Try that if you can.