PDA

View Full Version : Servers down?

TheOtherPhil
01-29-2003, 10:32 AM
Hmm, I have a really weird problem here. None of my 10 clients have auto-updated. I have manually downloaded the client but it refuses to start saying "The servers are down for maintenance, please check back later". Not a problem, I just started my clients with the "off network" switch. The problem is, I am still unable to send work. I updated my clients 8 hours ago and have a fair amount of work buffered (and a decent amount still to upload from the previous protein).

I dunno if this is a DNS issue or what. Could somebody give me the hostname and server IP that handles uploads of the completed work? A manual entry in /etc/hosts may solve this problem. :bang:

Brian the Fist
01-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Sounds like you have a proxy that is caching the 'server down' message. It should fix itself once the proxy flushes its cache.

TheOtherPhil
01-29-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Brian the Fist
Sounds like you have a proxy that is caching the 'server down' message. It should fix itself once the proxy flushes its cache.

Yeah, thanks Howard, this could be the case also. I know for a fact that my ISP's transparent proxy causes mega problems with the Linux client....none of my Linux boxen have ever been able to send work, yet my Windows machines work perfectly. I have full Internet operability on my Linux machines (I am using one now) but the DF client is the only thing that doesn't send work. Other DC projects work fine. I must be jinxed :bang:.

FoBoT
01-29-2003, 02:02 PM
i am not going through a proxy and am having a problem

========================[ Jan 29, 2003 12:50 PM ]========================
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite.c, line 4397} Error during upload: NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER - WILL TRY AGAIN LATER

========================[ Jan 29, 2003 12:50 PM ]========================
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite.c, line 4397} Error during upload: NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER - WILL TRY AGAIN LATER

========================[ Jan 29, 2003 12:54 PM ]========================

========================[ Jan 29, 2003 12:57 PM ]========================
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite.c, line 3480} Error during upload: NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER - WILL TRY AGAIN LATER

also, when i try to click the stats button , i get

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.23 Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 80

i will continue to look for an issue on my end

FoBoT
01-29-2003, 02:35 PM
problem is now gone :|party|:

Brian the Fist
01-29-2003, 04:23 PM
That little internal server error was my bad - I incorrectly updated a CGI. IT is fine now though like you said. Now Switzerland is in the right place on my map too I am told (yay).

TheOtherPhil
01-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Looks like I was having DNS issues. Another team member gave me the info I was wanting for my /etc/hosts file:

206.248.62.8 anteater*.distributedfolding.org

I am now back in business :cool:

Brian the Fist
01-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Actually, I don't believe the 'anteater' names are used anymore, that IP is just plain www.distributedfolding.org now...