PDA

View Full Version : What's our team number?

jasong
06-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Did a search on "team number" in this forum and found bupkus(sp?)

I have 6 hours before it completes to solve all the various identity problems, stay tuned. :)

Edit: Is it 758? That's what I entered.

alpha
06-22-2010, 02:28 AM
You posted this in the PS3 section instead of F@H, but yes, our team number is 758.

PS3 is still good for 900 PPD, AFAIK. Less than most dual core CPUs running the SMP client.

jasong
06-22-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm running it on a ps3, that's why I picked this forum. If my question were specifically about the project itself, then yes, I'd post in the Folding@Home forum.

alpha
06-22-2010, 04:49 PM
It doesn't matter what you're running it on, the team number is still the same. Also, you neglected to even mention Folding@home at all.

jasong
06-23-2010, 10:04 AM
It doesn't matter what you're running it on, the team number is still the same. Also, you neglected to even mention Folding@home at all.
True, I did forget to mention it, sorry. :)

New question, how the heck do I escape back to the regular game menu? I had to turn it off and back on, and I believe that has the potential to corrupt the OS. Is it different when you're in that special channel mode? Because I noticed it takes a long time to turn off when you press the button, maybe that's it using the software to turn off?

No more Folding until I learn the proper way to "escape" from that mode.

alpha
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM
I think if you hold down the button in the centre of your controller (it has a Playstation emblem on it) for a few seconds, you get a menu from which you can quit Playstation Life and return to the XMB.

jasong
06-23-2010, 03:35 PM
I think if you hold down the button in the centre of your controller (it has a Playstation emblem on it) for a few seconds, you get a menu from which you can quit Playstation Life and return to the XMB.
Thanks, that worked. I put it back to crunching.

alpha
07-30-2010, 12:41 PM
jasong, I see you've been punching out pretty steady numbers lately. That must mean the PS3 is crunching nicely, eh?

Every now and then I let my PS3 do a few work units; it is doing different science to the other client versions after all. The slim PS3 is nice because it's so quiet I can hardly even notice that it is powered on.