PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take?

TGC Virus
02-01-2002, 08:55 AM
to process sengent wu's. I'm on dialup and can't afford to tie up the line 24/7.

Supp
02-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Depends on speed of your computer :D

TB 1.2 processes one conformer of average candidate in appr. 1 min 20 sec (up to 2 minutes) and one candidate equals 20 conformers (at least for now).

===> One WU takes about half hour (but largest WU I saw took almost 3 times much time)

Hope this'll be useful for you

DocWardo
02-01-2002, 06:24 PM
yes but doesn't D2OL download like 24-36 hours worth of canidates at a time? I don't have it instaleld here, but I do belive that it has some sort of internal cache system, yup that's what it says.

taken from the D2OL FAQ:
Do I have to be always connected to use (D2OL)™?

No, each time (D2OL)™ connects to Sengent's servers it will retrieve enough work to last approximately 24-36 hours. In addition, results are queued until your computer establishes an internet connection and are then reported to the server, so no results are lost if you shut down your computer or disconnect from the internet.

Supp
02-02-2002, 06:53 AM
It's possible, I don't know what determines number of candidate to be cached - but it's usually between 25 and 40. (=12 hrs to 20hrs) - it probably depends on speed of CPU, but I'm not sure about it