PDA

View Full Version : Gerasim@home

ChertseyAl
10-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Just adding a placeholder for this project as it's been doing *real* work for a little while now: http://gerasim.boinc.ru/

Unfortunately it's been down for a few days and I've got completed WUs going past their deadline starting tomorrow :(

Oh, when it's running, it pays out good credit :rock:

Al.

Bok
10-03-2010, 03:05 PM
yes, I finally got on to my account a month or so ago and leave it running. Credit is pretty good, though there seems to be a rather low 20wu per day limit..

ChertseyAl
10-03-2010, 05:11 PM
rather low 20wu per day limit..

Everything at Gerasim is configurable. Check out your preferences page. You can limit/select number of WUs per DL/Day/Whatever.

The 20 WU limit was ages ago, and long gone now.

Al.

Bok
10-03-2010, 07:04 PM
ah, did not know. Will logon when it returns.

ChertseyAl
01-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Necroposting ;)

Seems the project is up again after a long break. And I'm getting a little work. Which is nice. But ...

I can't log in to my acccount or into the forums any more. Anyone else able to? I wonder if it's connected with the CPID screwup a while ago. When I checked a little while ago I seemed to be logged is as someone else, which is a little worrying :(

Cheers,

Al.

Bok
01-30-2013, 04:12 AM
I had that ages ago too, they messed things up pretty badly at one point. Some of the Ukraine members might be able to help.

ChertseyAl
01-31-2013, 04:34 AM
And the somewhat amusing solution is in their forums:

"use mouse click on login page. (don't press Enter key)."

:)

Cheers,

Al.

Bok
04-08-2016, 12:21 PM
there is built in spam protection for new users, especially when they put url links in but there are other factors too, so it goes into a moderation queue. I've approved your posts.

Diplomat
06-26-2016, 02:27 AM
Gerasim is up and going again with new CPU WUs.

With current crunchers activity there will be enough work for about a year, hope with your help we can do it faster.