PDA

View Full Version : Mr Mann

Alpha_7
02-02-2002, 08:45 PM
What up ? Are you busy with other DC projects ? As I've just stolen your number 2 seed in the producers ranking ;)

Get some more computers on there, I wanna see us work to increase our output more, its all well and good to have large donations from now non-producers, but we need to keep the WU's ticking over...

so make it so i can't catch you again :)

mr_mann
02-03-2002, 02:58 PM
you still cant catch me but what im saying is i have problems with gettin my new durons working and as sooon as i get them working ill be doing 14-16 a day :D

dont worry :D

Richard Clyne
02-03-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by mr_mann
you still cant catch me but what im saying is i have problems with gettin my new durons working and as sooon as i get them working ill be doing 14-16 a day :D

dont worry :D

Oh no.. looks like my top seti cruncher position is going to be taken away from me.:(

But that can on be good for the team. :) Go on mr_mann get those durons up and running asap.

Alpha_7
02-04-2002, 08:27 AM
Its nice to have some friendly competition as long as its always constructive and adds to the team spirit. I realistically atm, can't compete with Mr Manm or your Richard.. but with the current stats so young, I exploit my large stashes by making it look like I could challenge you guys.. shortly I'll be back to my usual low key WU output.. but for the time being if it makes everyone crunch hard, its all for the better of the team.
We'll need to recruit some more people quickly, as Neon says hes changing to folding when he hits 500, and he was forming queit a farm, I've got a few possibles.. that just need a little more convincing and some help setting Seti up...

(are the other seti programs really better then Seti Stash)

I've heard driver is.. i've just found its easier to keep all my boxs on the same program..

Richard Clyne
02-04-2002, 02:41 PM
I agree Alpha_7, a wee bit friendly competition is good for a team as long as it stays friendly.

It does not matter if you crunch one unit a week or a couple of hundred a day it is the members of the team that make the team.

The other point Alpha_7, I started of using seti batch to cache work units. It suited my needs in the beginning. I then went on to use seti driver as the number of machines grew.

Now I use setiq to cache my WUs. I have tried a few cache programs and found this to meet my needs. I still use setidriver on machines O use to perform the tx & rx'ing of data to the Q. Given time I will run cmdline prog as a service on all PC's.

On a sadder note from Friday I will be loosing about 60-70% of my production for several days. This is to allow me to perform some essential upgrades.:(

Mind you if I enough bits & pieces left it might encorage me to put together another machine.:)