PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the SSE2 code?

Chuck
11-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Gang,
I am having a problem with a single precision GPU (in a laptop). The new CPU code (sse2) seems to have a problem right at the very end of computation as well.

Has anyone seen this? If MW is becoming a 'problem child', what is a good project to work on?

Thanks,
C

LAURENU2
11-18-2010, 10:16 PM
I did not think you needed the SSE2 code for MW
But what do I know

Bigred
11-19-2010, 05:06 AM
Gang,
I am having a problem with a single precision GPU (in a laptop). The new CPU code (sse2) seems to have a problem right at the very end of computation as well.

Has anyone seen this? If MW is becoming a 'problem child', what is a good project to work on?

Thanks,
C

MW requires a double percision GPU but that will work with Collatz. As for the CPU part, I can't tell you. I haven't run MW CPU since I started with GPUs. It just didn't seem like it was worth it. For the CPU there is a large variety depending on what you're interested in.

Chuck
11-24-2010, 10:03 PM
I did not think you needed the SSE2 code for MW
But what do I know

Lauren, I didn't think the sse2 code was needed either.... but with the laptop being an ATI, obviously it will run the sse2 apps where it can.

As for what do you know???? A heck of a lot!!!

C.

LAURENU2
11-25-2010, 02:50 AM
Lauren
As for what do you know???? A heck of a lot!!!
C.
I think your confusing power with knowledge
Ask Bok he had to demote me form a Admin to a mod because I did not know what to do :bang:

gopher_yarrowzoo
11-25-2010, 06:59 AM
I think your confusing power with knowledge
Ask Bok he had to demote me form a Admin to a mod because I did not know what to do :bang:

Yeah Chuck, Lauren knows how to put together PC's get them running and burn through projects, cable modems and stomp others oh and fix a leaky tap or two eh Mario.

Anitaheiff
03-06-2017, 10:26 AM
By the way, mycode is not needed. Everything can be done with newmem:

Chuck
04-14-2017, 01:21 AM
By the way, mycode is not needed. Everything can be done with newmem:

Whoa, talk about a blast from the past. I've not done anything with DC in a while. (health went out-the-window sideways)

What's happeng and what woke this thread up? (last month) hahaha