PDA

View Full Version : I tryed

magnav0x
02-22-2003, 09:56 PM
Well I tryed to help out some on ECC2, but for some reason my stats don't show up :( I had 95 units completed a long time ago and they showed up in the client. So I filled out the lost password form on their website to get my password sent back to my e-mail, which went fine and all......but I can not log into the site using the password they gave me. I wanted to affiliate my units with Free-DC, but I think I'll just pass on ECC2.

MrTRS
02-23-2003, 12:15 AM
Magnav0x,

Well, I wish I could help. I first started crunching ecc2 in the beta stage. I became frustrated with the stats people and some of the project heads. I made a mistake when trying to join a team and created a "No Name Team". And the way the stats software works if you are the only person on a team you can't leave. I have been trying for over two months to get my user id moved from the mistake team to Free-DC but have been unable. They say they will fix it, but never do.

So I recently used a second email address and started crunching with that one. I think I have that one working right.

Best of luck

P.S. It is a good client. Stable, smp aware and sends DPs automaticly.

wirthi
02-23-2003, 03:50 AM
MrTRS,

I don't know that much about ecc2 and it's stats system, but what about creating a second (ok, now it would be your third) account, putting it on your "No Name Team", and joining Free-DC with the other account. Could possibly work, since the team wouldn't be empty then ...

Greets,
Christian

rus6
02-23-2003, 05:12 AM
Hi magnav0x, there were loads of problems with the stats when they started off....

Recently they made everyone re-join the stats system again I got the mail on:

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:02:46 -0600

Without re-joining your work is "unclaimed" :(

It might be worth re-checking your mail (if you keep it) Otherwise giving it another go as things have improved. Even the ECC2 stats page are loading faster, not to mention all the other good 3rd better stats.

Only 300 or so days left on the project now so don't leave it too long ;)

MrTRS
02-23-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by wirthi
MrTRS,

I don't know that much about ecc2 and it's stats system, but what about creating a second (ok, now it would be your third) account, putting it on your "No Name Team", and joining Free-DC with the other account. Could possibly work, since the team wouldn't be empty then ...

Greets,
Christian

wirthi,

Yea, I've thought of that. But there is more than one "No Name Team" and the little box where you leave/join you can't tell which one you will join. I don't think its worth all the effort. I'm crunching for Free-DC now but just not with my MrTRS user id.
Ray

MrTRS
02-23-2003, 09:34 AM
Well, sometimes I am not as smart as I think I am. While I was typing the above message it accured to me that I could change the user id of the correct user id to something else like MrNoName. Then I could change the incorrect user id to the correct one. The stats run should even it out in time.

Ray