PDA

View Full Version : hello?

FoBoT
02-06-2002, 05:10 PM
do we have a team?or not?

if not, i will probably start it

this is the P4 project, right?

i just got 4 (count them f_o_u_r) Pentium 4 1.8Ghz evaluation units from compaq and i think i read that prime95 is the best utilization of P4 firepower?

hello?

ok, i'll go finger out how to setup a free-dc prime95 team, it can't be any harder than falling off a log , right? :D

IronBits
02-06-2002, 07:58 PM
Team Prime Rib team members are made up from all kinds of sites already and meets with what Free-DC is all about, don't you think? I support Xyzzy and TPR.

Anyone else want to jump in here and speak up on joining up with them?

I think we should... :)
They can even use our forum for a home if they like :D

Supp
02-06-2002, 08:21 PM
I support IronBits' opinion - Team Prime Rib is Free enough even for your standards

FoBoT
02-06-2002, 10:11 PM
i understand your point, but i am not originally from Ars/TPR, i started at dslreports with F@H, then moved to help start a new team at LNO, mostly doing G@H, when the site founder was fired by the company he sold his site to, that sorta fell apart, i only did G@H for TPS a little bit :rolleyes:

so i really don't want to join that team :)

but after reading the thread on Ars about the "hijacking" that is going on, i think i'll wait, these eval units are only mine temporarily anyway, 1-4 weeks is all i get them for normally

i'll just up my RC5 or maybe i'll push ahead to 100,000 on G@H so i can move all the slower boxen from it to RC5

bayanne
02-07-2002, 06:00 AM
You can always sign up one of the P4 for TPR, and getting it doing some double-checking. It would be great just to get even one (or all 4 if you really feel like giving us some serious help :D

We REALLY would appreciate any assistance on this side of the project, especially as we are now gearing up for a major factoring gaunlet :D

Come along by at the forum and we'll give you all the help you need.

Xyzzy
02-21-2002, 07:49 PM
IronBits-

Thanks for your support! It is so great that we can be friends in such a competitive arena...

Mike (Xyzzy)

whilden@ars
02-21-2002, 08:09 PM
Ditto on the TPR support, we sure could use some more p4's

Mike (whilden)