PDA

View Full Version : I Need Volunteers!!

Dyyryath
02-09-2002, 01:22 PM
If you haven't noticed already, I've made some fairly drastic changes to the look of the site. The graphics have nearly all been dropped, and in their place is a BUNCH of CSS.

I still have some browser issues to work out, but it's pretty close to how it's going to stay.

Why the change? For starters, this new layout will make it MUCH, MUCH easier to modify. I've already added two new project sections in just about an hour. That's much quicker than I could do them before.

With this new ease of use, I've also gotten blank templates built for each section that is currently available. Now I need people to help me fill in those templates with content! :D

If you'd like to write any of the following things for any of the projects, let me know:

Getting Started: This should be a newbie's guide to getting the client, installing it, and getting it to run. It should also point them to any references they may need (including this forum!) and show them where to find their stats.

Tips & Tricks: This area is for advanced tweaks and solutions for common problems. Things that might go here include GUI vs CLI info, how to run a client as a service, how to handle SMP situations, and client performance tweaks (such as Ubero's JRE udpates).

Downloads: This section will contain links to any add-on software that might be of use to a specific project.

Links: Obviously, this will be a page of links dedicated to anything that might be of use to a member of the project in question.

Each project section will have all of the pages listed above. However, additional pages are welcome! If you have ideas that don't fit into one of the afore-mentioned areas, post it here and let me know. We can add as much stuff as we'd like. ;)

How about news updates, you ask? I'll need volunteers for that too, for each project (though you can certainly post news for more than just one project). I'll be installing some automated news posting software this week which will allow us to hand out username/passwords for a web interface which will make adding, editing, and deleting news posts a snap.

So let's hear it! If anyone wants to see me actually FINISH the stats for any of our projects, I NEED SOME HELP with this other stuff! :D

ColinT
02-09-2002, 01:43 PM
I'll do the Ubero section.

ColinT
02-09-2002, 03:16 PM
Dyy, I have some pages ready. Please indicate the best email address I might use to send them to you.

IronBits
02-10-2002, 01:11 AM
D2OL FAQ, and Free-DC website goodies on the way :D
I also sent you some D2OL web linkages etc.

Come on folks, step up to the plate and throw something into your favorite Team sites.

Those of you that are not on a Free-DC team, but want to contribute to the FAQs of projects, linkages, Add-ons etc. please submit your works and ideas to.

Thanks!
IB

ColinT
02-10-2002, 01:24 AM
HA! I did a D2OL page as well:)

IronBits
02-10-2002, 12:00 PM
Excellent Colin! Don't stop now :D

ColinT
02-10-2002, 01:30 PM
He posted something. He may have rewritten both of ours and melded the two with some evil magic.

Looks good:)

ColinT
02-10-2002, 04:45 PM
Dyy:

Ubero % active is 54% now.

</Factiod>

ColinT
02-10-2002, 08:52 PM
Dyy, did you break the site?

When looking at the Sengent and Ubero pages, the special links like Getting started are missing

Dyyryath
02-10-2002, 11:45 PM
Uh, ooops. :D

We had some technical difficulties while making the switch from static nav, health, and rankings to SSI based nav, health, and rankings.

It's fixed now. Good call, ColinTATOR! ;)

guru
02-13-2002, 02:21 PM
I'll start working on the RC5 pages.

guru

Dyyryath
02-13-2002, 05:09 PM
OUTSTANDING!!! :D :D

I'll build an RC5 section tonight!