PDA

View Full Version : Help a guy out with ORG.

Condor
03-24-2003, 01:15 PM
What the heck is up with this client.
Okay, I have to admit I have never run DNet before.

I figured out how to run ORG and not RC5.
However, the client likes to DL 23 packets and finish those before, what is it here, flushing and fetching more.
That may take more than a week on some of my boxes. Is there a way to set it up so that it does it periodically
or maybe to shorten the buffer a bit ?

Please feel free to mention anything else that a first-timer should know.:notworthy

Chinasaur
03-24-2003, 01:55 PM
This is how I configure my dnet client with explanations. The BeOS client is old and doesn't have the crunchometer function newer clients have. You can enable it via the menu and see real-time how many keys/stubs you are processing.

=========================
[parameters]
id=youremail@address.here

[buffers]
checkpoint-filename=check.txt
***-checkpoint saves state so in event of power failure you don't lose work-***
frequent-threshold-checks=3
***-this sends WU's as they complete and fetches a replacement at same time-***

[misc]
project-priority=OGR,DES=0,CSC=0,RC5=0
***-in this example..only OGR will run. to enable RC5 remove the =0 from the side of RC5-***

[processor-usage]
priority=3
***-this is like nice. I use 3 to give dnet high priority-***

IronBits
03-24-2003, 07:29 PM
If you add/edit the following in dnetc.ini you will be using DP's proxy server ;)

[networking]
autofindkeyserver=no
keyserver=www.dp.cx:2064
nofallback=true
dialup-watcher=passive
interfaces-to-watch=*

Condor
03-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Thanks gents, that did the trick.

Darkness Productions
03-29-2003, 11:44 PM
All right. In order for me to help out on a more regular basis I need something that will auto dial a dialup connection on Windows ME. At midnight I need it to connect to the dialup link with the username and password and then discinnect say five minuted later. Anyone got anything I could use? Remember Windows ME workage is a must.....