the distributedfolding.org site has added "teams"

FreeDC is now on the list of choices :)

Supp
02-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Super! I'm 3rd member :)

FoBoT
02-12-2002, 10:18 AM
i like this project

you can see your results up front, my best structure is still #10 :)

Darkness Productions
02-12-2002, 12:02 PM
Count me up... Since I can't seem to decide which project I like the most, and I like the pretty colors this one gives me, chalk up 3.5 GHz in mine and FreeDC's favor! I wonder when we'll actually get the stats part of it?

ulv
02-12-2002, 01:11 PM
Well, I read this thread, signed up, put the client on Tbird1400, 5 minutes ago. I'm also running G@H on this box. Wonder if they will run together?
Any tips&tricks?

FoBoT
02-12-2002, 02:13 PM
we are #2!!!!! yeah!!! :D

i am running RC5 with it, distributedfolding seems to take the majority of the cpu power ( when i get back to work i'll check, isn't there a way to check with on XP/W2K? ? )

i am doing it this way because my dsl line , or actually the cisco 678 router is flaky, every couple of days, it drops the line, i have to unplug the router to get my internet back :(
this is a problem for F@h of course , becuase it just sits there idle and F@H doesn't seem to split time nicely like this project

i'll run F@h on my home boxen, where i have a better dsl line and can baby sit it

G@h of course runs great on those work boxen, when the dsl drops out, but i am getting ready to ramp down on that project, the lack of stats is bothering me, i am a moderate stats whore :o
when i get 100K in G@h i'll drop that back to just a couple slower boxen

anyway, i'm looking to push into the top 10 distributedfolding producers in a couple more days, those two P4 1.8Ghz really zip through those structures :)

also it seems the AMD is better for this, i had a celeron 766 and Duron 750 both running next to each other, the duron was outstripping the celery by a good bit ;)

Darkness Productions
02-12-2002, 03:22 PM
Chalk me up another GHz... I just put 2x katmai 500s on the bad mofo... Lessee if we can't get FreeDC up in the #1 spot, and see if I can't keep up with FoBot and his P4s... Pretty soon, I should be able to add another 2 GHz to it, but it's gonna be a while.

ulv
02-12-2002, 04:00 PM
OK, after a couple of hours everything seems to be fine. G@H grabs most of the CPU, but that's OK..... so I fired it up on another Tbird- 1,3Ghz, also running G@H.

Darkness Productions
02-12-2002, 06:49 PM
Anybody else notice that the Belgium team passed us like mad??? Alright, chalk me up another .8GHz here in a sec... tossing it on a friends D800 :D...

If I can get it to work on my BSD box, add another 1.2 GHz as well :D

Darkness Productions
02-12-2002, 08:13 PM
Alright... I got every box I own (and then a couple) on the project. Chalk me up a total of 6.5GHz... Hopefully, I can pull off over 100k / day (without too much of a problem).

FoBoT
02-12-2002, 08:32 PM
the unlimited cacheing feature has been added, be sure to read the readme1st.txt file to activate it (add -df on the execution line in foldit.bat , for winders anyway)

FoBoT
02-13-2002, 11:48 AM
we're #1 !

we're # 1 !

somebody with some good numbers joined up last night and put us ahead of the belgiums :)

Darkness Productions
02-13-2002, 02:30 PM
That guy would be Peter Stained (IIRC)... He's the guy from the Anal Club, or some such (don't mean to make it sound bad, but it was something to that effect...)

Originally posted by FoBoT
we're #1 !

we're # 1 !

somebody with some good numbers joined up last night and put us ahead of the belgiums :)

FoBoT
02-13-2002, 03:35 PM
yes, his 1 million plus launched us into first, we are now over 3 million and have two people in the top 10 producers :)

Darkness Productions
02-13-2002, 03:47 PM
Great! I will be at Supp's range within 3 days. So that will make 3 people in the Top 10. Hopefully, you'll be joining me there... I have 6.5GHz on it, and am pushing 200k / day (or thereabouts). LMK!

FoBoT
02-14-2002, 12:50 PM
well, i made it to #10 :)

but that belgium guy dumped some more and regained the #1 team spot

i got another 1Ghz P3 today, i'll get it setup ASAP and start it folding :)

Darkness Productions
02-14-2002, 02:31 PM
Congrats! A question for you. Have you had any kind of problems with client stability? I have had 2 clients die on me since installing it. I don't know why they died, sine there is no logging of the client. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by FoBoT
well, i made it to #10 :)

but that belgium guy dumped some more and regained the #1 team spot

i got another 1Ghz P3 today, i'll get it setup ASAP and start it folding :)

Darkness Productions
02-14-2002, 02:32 PM
By the by, I should be up there with you in the Top 10 within the next couple of days. Hopefully, I will be getting a new box this Friday, which should just plug in, install an OS, and run with it... If this is true, then I've got another 1.2GHz coming their way!

FoBoT
02-14-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Darkness Productions
Congrats! A question for you. Have you had any kind of problems with client stability? I have had 2 clients die on me since installing it. I don't know why they died, sine there is no logging of the client. Any thoughts?

i had one client get an error message , i emailed the guy running the project and he fixed the error and put out a new version the same day! :)

but as far as just dying

when i came back to work today (out sick for two days) my dsl line had died (seperate problem ) and a couple of my distributedfolders had quit cause they filled up (hadn't added the -df switch yet) and a couple had just stopped, it may have said abnormal termination, but no other message, that sounds like what you saw?

try emailing the guy, his email is on the web site, he was very responsive with the other error i found, perhaps he can offer some suggestions, if mine does it again, i will do the same :)

BTW-

it looks like this client is very sensitive to the CPU , i started a 1.1Ghz celeron and 1.13 Ghz P3 at nearly the same time, both running red hat 7.1
i checked them and the celeron was just sending its first batch of 5000 when the P3 was nearly ready to send its second batch, it is almost TWICE as fast!!! :eek:

Supp
02-14-2002, 05:11 PM
I have problems with dying client too - I return from school and find client(s) console not working - very sad thing to see I must add.

It seems to be of random occurence - I've tried it on several comps and failed to find any track why client(s) died.
Very strange indeed.

FoBoT
02-14-2002, 05:57 PM
i just emailed Brian the Fist about it
if he needs some more info, i'll post it up here

FoBoT
02-14-2002, 09:36 PM
if your client "stops" like that , he say

I have had a few such reports but have been unable to pinpoint the
problem just yet. You can help by telling me your exact OS(es) that is
crashed on and look for an error.log file in the same directory and send
it to me if there is one.

Supp
02-15-2002, 07:28 AM
Just a thought: I'm having this problem primarily on machine whose HDD doesn't support DMA (old one) - any opinions about this?

I'll follow your suggestion and mail Biran in the evening.

FoBoT
02-15-2002, 01:44 PM
i had it happen on a brand new compaq pentium 4, 20gb ATA/100 hard drive

but it did open the error file it generated (and emailed to howard)
one of the first lines said something about the hard drive being full, well this computer has 16gb free space, so that isn't right

but we gotta figure this one out soon!
i have a bunch of the stranded .bz2 files accumulating on my pc's , these are good structures that i can't send!

help!

we gotta figure out how to send orphaned structures!!