PDA

View Full Version : Shutting down without notice

Scott Jensen
03-25-2003, 12:09 PM
It seems as if DF is being shut down without notice. I'm trying to narrow down when this happens. It might happen before/during/after I play EverQuest. Not sure. Anyone else experiencing this?

Insidious
03-26-2003, 06:45 AM
Yeah, you aren't alone.

DF stops folding as evidenced by CPU = 0% in task manager. Unfortunately, the program stays resident in memory so the service is not identified as stopped and doesn't automatically re-start if you had configured XP service that way.

Re-Booting brings it back (sometimes takes 2 times)

For me, it seems that playing BF1942 (on-line) brings it on.
I suspect that any prolonged 'streaming' app. will cause problems.

Howard has indicated to me this "bug" won't be fixed except in the Beta client.

-Sid

edit: There's a couple threads about this in 'Bug Tracking' section

FoBoT
04-03-2003, 08:55 PM
i don't recall it ever happening before the last protein, but during the last run, i found this situation occasionally on a few boxes. these are dedicated crunchers, no games or even anybody using the the pc

i will be watching for it during this next run (157AA)

Insidious
04-04-2003, 05:51 AM
point is somewhat moot at this stage (new protien), but the problem was further evidenced when during the changeover, I couldn't get the client to run at all while the server was down. (I had been forced to re-boot, and that's when it quit) even with the 'pull the plug method'.

It looks like it is ok on this new protien, but time will tell.

-Sid

IronBits
04-04-2003, 09:32 AM
Not a biggy, but, it's there... on the icc *nix version, it is supposed to show 157, but I see 1577 ;) (on both computers)

bwkaz
04-04-2003, 09:40 AM
IronBits -- I see the same thing, when the current residue it's on is only 2 digits long. It goes back to 157 when it gets up to residue #100.

This is probably just a matter of not outputting a couple of spaces after the protein length number. I know I've done stuff like that enough times back in QBasic... ;)

FoBoT
04-09-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by FoBoT
i don't recall it ever happening before the last protein, but during the last run, i found this situation occasionally on a few boxes. these are dedicated crunchers, no games or even anybody using the the pc

i will be watching for it during this next run (157AA)

still happening to me with the 157AA, time for beta/phase II :help: