PDA

View Full Version : Hydra Update

MrTRS
03-26-2003, 11:29 AM
I fear we have lost the participation of Free-DC Hydra-East and freeiso. He has not posted on the board in about a month and his stack is producing zero in the stats.

Now I am aware that Real Life often gets in the way of our favorite pastime ( Stats Whoreing ). I first thought he might have went on a vacation, but almost a month is a long time to be away from your machines. He has not responded to my email or PM’s. I can do nothing but wish him well and hope he finds his way back to Free-DC.
---
So the rest of this posting is a search for someone who has the where for all to take on hosting a Hydra site. After the success of RacerX and his ascent in the DF stats and Magnav0x’s gathering momentum someone might consider taking on the task.

Hydra site requirements
1) The space to be able to house a number of pc’s.
2) The funds to be able to accommodate the electrical requirements for something close to running and cooling them for 24/7.
3) Access to the Internet and the expertise to manage some number of machines that need that access from time to time.

When I first started looking for someone to take on the task of DC Farming for Free-DC. I had in mind one person and one site. It turned out that more than one person wanted to participate. And the segmented nature of the present project is serving us well. I had read on other boards that some Farming projects involved high numbers of machines involving a serious commitment to the project.

I think that the way we are doing this will server us well in the long run. Having multiple sites with smaller numbers of PCs will help our project survive the influences of Real Life on DCing.

So is there someone who would like to consider running a Hydra site? The benefits are long and numerous. The respect and admiration of your peers and the feeling of power at having a hundred GHz of computing power at your disposal. ( After pimping for donated computers for you to use )

Comments?