PDA

View Full Version : New projects highlighted on the project status page

ChertseyAl
08-01-2011, 03:06 PM
It would be handy if new projects on this page ...

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=boinc_status

... were highlighted for a while, maybe a week or so.

Saves me trawling though the list every day :)

Al.

gopher_yarrowzoo
08-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Not exactly sure HOW we'd implement this one... need to look at the data and see... if it's there it is doable if not well hmm that will be another issue..

Bok
08-02-2011, 04:17 PM
nod, I looked at it last night. I'd have to add a datetimestamp to the projects table so we'd know when it was added. Not a bad idea for other audit reasons anyway.

I'll do it on the new box, trying not to maintain the tables in two different places...

ChertseyAl
08-03-2011, 02:10 PM
OK, how about rather than start messing with db table structures, just automagically post to a thread in a forum that's shown on the main page that a row has been inserted? Including the project name and a link would be great.

I always forget how many projects there were yesterday, so end up scanning the whole list every day. I guess one solution would be for me to write the number on a postit note stuck on my monitor :)

Al.

p.s. I know nothing about databases. For all I know the whole thing is run by gnomes who collect underpants for profit.

p.p.s. Can you guess that I'm desperate to get the 100 projects crunched milestone? :rotfl:

gopher_yarrowzoo
08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
OK, how about rather than start messing with db table structures, just automagically post to a thread in a forum that's shown on the main page that a row has been inserted? Including the project name and a link would be great.

I always forget how many projects there were yesterday, so end up scanning the whole list every day. I guess one solution would be for me to write the number on a postit note stuck on my monitor :)

Al.

p.s. I know nothing about databases. For all I know the whole thing is run by gnomes who collect underpants for profit.

p.p.s. Can you guess that I'm desperate to get the 100 projects crunched milestone? :rotfl:

Well we need to mess with the DB anyways :P the automagic post could happen maybe.

LOL
and
p.p.s Really... :p