PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Key Counter --> Team Free-DC!

the-mk
04-20-2003, 06:15 AM
Hi to all Tiny Key Counter user!

Since a few days the teams-options are available at the TKC! That forced me to create the team "Free-DC". Common and join the team to blast all the other teams away :D

You just need to go to your Account-Manager, login with your account and join team Free-DC!

There is one bad thing: the team-account is only counting the keys/mouseclicks/scrolls since you joined the team. What a pitty that we can't import our last submissions with a lot of keys :(

If I can attract some PO-users to join the Tiny Key Counter :rotfl:

Way to official stats: http://keycount.piqsoftware.com/teams/details.php?team=Free-DC

the-mk
04-25-2003, 02:16 AM
anybody else?

PY 222
04-25-2003, 03:53 AM
Just registered but unfortunately when I reach the login screen to enter the Account Manager, I get this weird error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: updateuserstatcache() in /var/www/html/shared/memcache.php on line 100

Oh well, guess I will wait till tomorrow before I join the team!

PY 222
04-25-2003, 05:33 PM
Ok, I am in the Team already but I am currently unranked.

Oh well, I will wait till I send something.

Lets go Team! :cheers:

Anarchy99
04-26-2003, 04:05 AM
whos no#1

whos no#1

thats right A99

you go anarchy :cheers:

you go anarchy :cheers:

anarchy99 :notworthy

PY 222
04-26-2003, 05:25 AM
Congrats Anarchy99!

Now you better not slack off or else I will bite off your a$$ :jester:

the-mk
04-26-2003, 05:33 PM
Yeah! Way to go A99! :notworthy

Congratulations to your massive leadership in our team! :thumbs:

Anarchy99
04-27-2003, 08:01 PM
thank you, thank you very much

now keep typing I cant do it all by myself

go freedc:cheers:

the-mk
04-28-2003, 11:53 AM
Today #13 on teamstats! That's great!

now keep typing I cant do it all by myself

I should install that client on my sisters computer :D

Anarchy99
04-28-2003, 01:29 PM
lol Mk

that is a good Idea :D

PY 222
05-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Anarchy99, you better watch out because we are all right behind you.

One wrong move and we will roll you over like a steam tank!

:smoking:

the-mk
05-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Any suggestions or wishes about what I could write into the "Team Profile"-box instead of the www.free-dc.org on our stats-site (http://keycount.piqsoftware.com/teams/details.php?team=Free-DC)?

PY 222
05-03-2003, 04:26 PM
This was taken from the SETI@Home project Team page.

Free-DC is a Distributed Computing portal. We are the home of the non-aligned. If you are not a member of a team, and want the advantages of a large team, please visit our website or our forum and see how you can be a part of our community

Also, our old timers used to put this phrase as our slogan.

Computing for Ourselves

So you decide.

the-mk
05-03-2003, 04:48 PM
As you can see I took the first one :D

Thanks for the suggestions!

PY 222
05-04-2003, 04:28 AM
Always glad to be of service.

Now if we could promote this little project more, we might get a few more typing members in.

So lets spread the news! TYPE TYPE TYPE! :thumbs:

magnav0x
05-07-2003, 10:07 AM
:Pokes:

Come on guys let's get typing! We're not far from the #14 position, yet at the same time those guys holding #16 are hanging around very close. Let's pound em into submission :bonk:

PY 222
05-07-2003, 03:13 PM
What we need are more members typing for the Team.

If we could get a blurb on the frontpage, maybe that would help.

Someone, please write something up!!! :cry:

Moogie
05-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Can you sign up with more than one machine on an ID? In other words, can I use my computer at work and at home for my ID?

:confused:

PY 222
05-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Yes Moogie, it is possible.

Just remember to put in the same Username and Password for each client and everything will be sent to one account.

Welcome to the Team. :cheers:

the-mk
05-07-2003, 05:19 PM
at least 8 members + moogie is coming --> 9 members...

I think that I should make some stats :D but don't expect them too soon!

What about "cheater"? Is the TKC-system cheating-protected?

@Moogie: be carefull with pulsing a huge amount of keystrokes/mouseclicks/etc within a short period of time! It is dangerous at project-orca.net (another keycounting project) --> beeing unranked... who knows and the TKC-system implemented the same protection?

Who really knows something about cheat-protection at TKC?

Welcome Moogie! :cheers:

magnav0x
05-07-2003, 06:55 PM
I took a look at the client and there is NO cheat protection that I can find. You can sit and press the same letter over and over......you can copy the keycounter folder to another folder and submit them BOTH and get credit for BOTH. Seems a bit flaky to me. :mouserun: But yeah, with Moog onboard it'll help a bit, seeing how she's so damn loud in IRC :harhar:

Moogie
05-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Okis...i'm in. Warm those keyboards up gentleman.

:cheers:

Anarchy....ya ready? :machgun:

Mags...you seem to be :mouserun: away. :)

Start your engines...let's see if we can move this team up a notch or two. :)

:drums:

cygnussphere
05-09-2003, 06:27 PM
so what would be the ethical stance on key counting my (CSR's) at work????:idea:

Moogie
05-09-2003, 06:35 PM
I keep getting this msg:

WARNING: The response fromt he server was not recognized. A debog log has been dumped to disk. Please include this log file (called DEBUG.txt) wehen contacting TKC support staff.

:confused:

Anarchy99
05-13-2003, 11:41 PM
it seems that cheat protection is mostly on a honor system and morality police issue

I was contacted by TKC concerning a series of dumps and found that I had not cheated but infact had allowed a program to cheat for me

I am a CNC programer and have some software that uses macros and such to help me save time on programs, but it seems that the program actually keystroked the macros instead of counting them as one

the issue was resolved by eliminating a number of my dumps

this is ok with me as I was unaware of the issue until someone brought it up and I looked into it, I was so caught up in doing my work that I just assumed that my programming and emails and eveything else actually added up to that many keystrokes

but dont worry about cheats

there are enough people out there so intently worried about what everyone else is doing that the cheats will get caught by the "I have to be involved in everyone elses business because if I am not winning the others are cheating" groups

so now I just save upp the keystrokes and dump when I want

"are we having fun yet":elephant:

cygnussphere
05-14-2003, 12:17 AM
:machgun: Key Stroke Police :trash:

I'm not having much fun any more since the pandamonium in the trash talk form stopped...:Pokes: :kiss: :moon:

the least you could do is come an wreak havoc in the chessbrain stats for awhile

:neener: :neener: :neener:

PY 222
05-14-2003, 04:18 AM
We have four new members that just showed up.

Welcome cygnussphere, duffster, LA CHICA, and rushlvr!

They are all currently unranked because they have yet to send anything to the keyservers. So get typing and get ranked!

cygnussphere
05-14-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by PY 222
We have four new members that just showed up.

Welcome cygnussphere, duffster, LA CHICA, and rushlvr!

They are all currently unranked because they have yet to send anything to the keyservers. So get typing and get ranked!

:D they are set up to pulse once a day... I'm keeping an eye on them:thumbs:

Anarchy99
05-14-2003, 09:23 AM
no one on this team will catch me :Pokes:

I am on fire :fireboun:

cygnussphere
05-14-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Anarchy99

Thats better:thumbs:

now whip on over to the chessbrain site and hook up with the win/gui:idea: those guys will never know what hit them:bonk:

PY 222
05-14-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Anarchy99

You just wait man.... I will get you! You just wait :moon:

cygnussphere
05-14-2003, 03:16 PM
You just wait man.... I will get you! You just wait :moon:

Ahhhhh trash talk spilling into the lobby:D
:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

the-mk
05-14-2003, 05:16 PM
Welcome to our new TKC-members cygnussphere, duffster, LA CHICA, and rushlvr! Nice to see new faces! :cheers:

I should really start to create some marvelous stats :D But don't expect them too soon! :jester:

PY 222
05-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by cygnussphere
Ahhhhh trash talk spilling into the lobby:D
:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Don't make me go over there and smack you silly cygnussphere :moon: :neener:

cygnussphere
05-14-2003, 10:54 PM
Don't make me go over there and smack you silly cygnussphere :moon: :neener:

:harhar: :rotfl: :harhar: :rotfl:

consitering who your taunting (A99- AKA-PSYCO-KEYSTROKE MAN and CNC malcontent) I doubt there will be enough left of you by the time you get to me:spank:
It will be fun watching your demise though:bonk:

:idea:You know what .... Ya.. Ya... Im sure of it....:drums:
I think I'm having fun again
:elephant: :|party|: :jester: :drums: :jester: :|party|: :elephant:

Thanks Guys:thumbs:

PY 222
05-15-2003, 07:30 PM
cyy, don't you worry about Anarchy99. He is a docile creature if you don't poke him :Pokes: .

As for you... you are way down the stats ladder that I can't even see you. Come on, step on typing something, you are providing absolutely no challenge to me :sleepy:

cygnussphere
05-15-2003, 07:54 PM
cyy, don't you worry about Anarchy99. He is a docile creature if you don't poke him :Pokes: .

As for you... you are way down the stats ladder that I can't even see you. Come on, step on typing something, you are providing absolutely no challenge to me :sleepy:

The thing is ya see... My job doesn't intail cracking the keys all day long so the stats in this project are of no interest to me I just joined to be a FreeDc team player on a project that takes no resources. So any contribution is better than nothing.

My MINIONS on the other hand......:scared:

Are.... comming.... for.... you....:scared:

Moogie
05-15-2003, 08:45 PM
I'm dooooooooooooooooomed! :bang: I can't get TKC to work on my work puter!:swear:

How am I ever gonna catch up?

I'm toast! :trash:

Just :machgun: me now, and get it over with!

:bonk:

I'll think of something...........................

PY 222
05-15-2003, 08:46 PM
Why don't you delete the entire TKC folder and download and fresh copy from the website.

Remember to put in your Username and Password before submitting anything.

Hopefully you will get it to work because we could really use your help! :thumbs:

Moogie
05-15-2003, 08:51 PM
Already did that...twice...still wouldn't work. I'm wondering it it's a firewall issue.

:bonk:

Anarchy99
05-15-2003, 11:45 PM
I am the key master :neener:

and all will bow before me or dance like fools for my amusement :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Moogie
05-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Still sufferring from delusions of grandeur I see :D

You're time will come shortie, your time will come. :neener:

:D

Moogie
05-16-2003, 04:19 PM
Ok..this is what I was telling some of you about the other night. I get this message when I try to run TKC at work. Firewall issue? Something else?

PY 222
05-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Moogie, apparently you are missing the KeyHook.dll file!

Please check your KeyCount folder to see if you have the file.

To me, it doesn't look like its a firewall issue but rather, you are just missing a dll file.

Moogie
05-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Yeah..I was thinking that but installed, deleted the program 3 times...4th time charm. For some reason it wasn't extracting the dll file. Looks like it works now.

Hopefully, it will submit as well. :)

:bouncy:

PY 222
05-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Glad to hear that it worked already... hopefully you will burn through the ranks soon! :elephant:

Moogie
05-16-2003, 06:55 PM
So what happens when you have a temporary brain fart and don't submit before you shut your computer down? Are all strokes lost?

:bang:

PY 222
05-17-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Moogie
So what happens when you have a temporary brain fart and don't submit before you shut your computer down? Are all strokes lost?

:bang:

I actually tried restarting the machine with the KeyCounter software loaded in my task tray. I checked before I restarted the machine.

After restarting, all the keystrokes, mouse clicks and wheel scrolls are still there.

No problemo Moogie. :smoking:

Moogie
05-17-2003, 11:01 AM
Well, that's good to hear. I was afraid all of my efforts would have been for naught. :thumbs: