PDA

View Full Version : New Free-DC Super Computer

IronBits
05-03-2003, 09:50 AM
Well, not quite yet. ;)
DP has been working hard to get a working MySQL/PHP port. :thumbs:

We felt it was ready to be moved off his development Server to where we could handle some additional traffic and get more feedback.
It can be found here: http://fdcsc.dbestern.net

It is now at the stage were we would like for folks to TEST it.
If you can break it, so be it, just tell us how you did it so no one else can ;)

Once this final testing is completed, we will PURGE all the TEST data and IMPORT the live DATA out of the current Free-DC Super Computer, which runs on Windows 2000 Server, IIS/MS-Access/.ASP and was created by JTrinkle. :notworthy

Looks are not important in this TEST - no suggestions yet please.
Functionality, ease of use - Let us know if there are too many clicks, surprises, confusion. (still getting bugs worked out)

Go ahead and register as many handles as you want, put in all kinds of silly combinations (let's check DP's math :) )

This is not a closed TEST, we don't care whom you are, if you want to take the time to help us test this, we appreciate it!

Post all comments and suggestions in this thread. Look to see if your suggestion was already made by someone else first.

Let the 'To Do' list begin. :D

Scoofy12
05-03-2003, 10:36 AM
theres no listing for Intel Celeron under the CPUs. I put P2,b ut its not the same thing:help:

IronBits
05-03-2003, 10:40 AM
There is now :)
Remember, the information you input does not have to be accurate, it's all gonna disappear when we import the real data ;)
Make mulitple accounts, we don't care :p ;)
Try the 'Guru Special' cpu :rotfl:

PY 222
05-03-2003, 04:31 PM
I have included a few "special" boxen of my own.

Overall this SuperComputer rocks!

Well done guys.

magnav0x
05-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Wow, the php port is looking VERY nice IronBits. :shocked:

gopher_yarrowzoo
05-03-2003, 07:30 PM
Hmm Nice Dude, Even Got My 2 CPU's Listed ;) he he But your missing NT 4 (which Im sure is what I run at work)

IronBits
05-03-2003, 07:55 PM
DP, aka Glen, aka DarknessProductions is doing a fantastic job! :notworthy
:cheers:

magnav0x
05-03-2003, 08:48 PM
DP, aka Glen, aka DarknessProductions is doing a fantastic job!

:thumbs: :notworthy

IronBits
05-05-2003, 03:35 PM
It is now live folks!!!
Get yer boxen updated! :)
Thank you DP! :notworthy

PY 222
05-05-2003, 07:29 PM
DP, you are GOD!

Excellent work man :notworthy

JTrinkle
05-06-2003, 12:37 AM
DP:
thats pretty awesome!!!:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

keep it up!!

-JT

DocWardo
05-06-2003, 02:19 PM
anyone notice there is a miscalculation on the number of processors?

I thought it was a bit odd that we have 250 boxen and 251 processors. there had to be more than 1 dually out there.

seems the application isn't multiplying # of boxen x #of CPU's

It does when it is calculating the Mhz but not for number of CPU's

Poor angus has 10 boxen but only 8 cpu. Don't you just hate it when two computers have to share a CPU.

Chinasaur
05-06-2003, 05:57 PM
Doc,

Mine are reading right...

maybe it's an operater Headspace and Timing issue? ;)

:cheers:

DocWardo
05-06-2003, 06:11 PM
but you only have one box per entry, no multiplication necessary there.

if you had 2 boxen that had 2 CPU's it wouldn't say 4 CPU's it would say 2 Boxen that has 2 CPU's so it looks like each Box has 1 CPU instead of 2.

Not that I'm nitpicking for my own needs, I only wish I had a dually.

Angus
05-06-2003, 08:08 PM
I'm the one with 6 duallies in the list - I'm getting shortchanged!!:bonk:

Chinasaur
05-06-2003, 08:13 PM
But why does it take Doc to find the errors?

Didn't you check your work before you turned it in? :bonk: :neener:

Darkness Productions
05-06-2003, 11:35 PM
OK, I *think* I've fixed the problem, however, somebody might want to take a look. This may be something that I'm just not thinking right on, but who knows....

magnav0x
05-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Shall I give another stress test DP? :moon:

DocWardo
05-07-2003, 12:08 AM
well angus should have 16 CPU's to his credit not 8.

the display for total stats works I think to show 288 CPU's on 250 Boxen

but do a quick add on the CPU column and it only totals 254. not 288 so the error is in the CPU column.

ulv
05-07-2003, 04:05 AM
I have 6 duals and 1 single, and it shows 7 computers and 13 CPU's, which should be right. However, average CPU is not right.

DocWardo
05-07-2003, 07:49 AM
yes your total CPU's is correct because you have only 1 box per entry, unlike angus' 5 boxes in one entry so again multiplcation doesn't apply

It is showing the correct average CPU speed if the average is per BOX not per CPU. I would think per CPU is what should be the correct entry.

DP: Don't get me wrong, great application, just making some observations. keep up the good work :notworthy

IronBits
05-07-2003, 08:03 AM
I think my Server is math challenged. ;)
All that was working fine over on his development box.
He'll get to it, all in good time...
Keep the observations, tips, suggestions and ideas flowing.
:idea:

DocWardo
05-08-2003, 06:03 PM
now it looks like it's working ;)

Darkness Productions
05-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Hey everybody. If you all could, please continue to try and break the site. If you want, go ahead and complain about stuff that's missing too (processors, projects, etc), and I'll get them added in. Hopefully, we'll be able to get this thing in a great working order soon...

magnav0x
05-09-2003, 11:45 AM
If you all could, please continue to try and break the site.

Did you fix my previous ones yet? If so I'll poke and prod some more. :Pokes:

Darkness Productions
05-09-2003, 11:47 AM
I think so, as Angus is listed with the correct number of processors, but keep looking and let me know....

Angus
05-11-2003, 02:30 PM
Got this error today trying to change projects on my 'B' box:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'B\\'', NumberBoxen=1, OperatingSysID=7, MoboBrand='HP', MoboMod

Tried a couple of times. I was able to change the one of the other boxen successfully.

Darkness Productions
05-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Angus -

Could you go back and try to do the same thing again?

I've added a bit in that will email me if there are any errors with the database. This way, I can find out about things as they happen, and not be forced to check the forum every little bit to see if something new has happened.

So Angus and magnav0x (as well as everyone else), pound away, and we'll see how things go.

MrTRS
05-12-2003, 11:30 AM
DP,
I just put in my little low rent dual. The total cpu mhz is the same as the average. That's not right is it?

Ray

Darkness Productions
05-12-2003, 01:27 PM
MrTRS -

It's been fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

gopher_yarrowzoo
05-15-2003, 10:17 PM
*Wanders Quietly over to the Server Boxen*
*smacks it with a large blunt object right on the parse handler*
Oh dear it's well broken now, now where did I put That Cryix Powered Chainsaw, nah I'll go for the XP powered :sniper: he he x14 and that's just the scope :D
*bang* oh dear now there are holes in the database

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:
:smoking:

Darkness Productions
05-16-2003, 01:28 AM
English please? :)

gopher_yarrowzoo
05-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Oh Sorry Though You Spoke Fluent Geek :D
Hmm Finds Server, Takes large blunt object aka E-baseball to said server...
Server Now Brokern, specifically The Parsing Engine
Going Cheap only 5 Dolla (Sucky Sucky But Only 5 Dolla) (Cartman)
Hmm Where did I put my Crap Chainsaw (Cyrix Powered - Full Speed a Uber Fast 333Mhz :D).. no I think I will go with my Athlon 2200XP+ Powered Sniper Rifle:sniper: (14 x Scope - can hit a Beer Can at 700 Metres No bother :D)
*Bang**Bang**Bang**Bang* Oh Dear Now The server Has Holes in it, Specifically In the Database Department

:jester: :crazy: :jester: :crazy: :jester: :crazy: :jester: :crazy: :jester: :crazy:
:smoking: The English Enough :D