View Full Version : dBestern Crashed Last Night

IronBits
02-20-2002, 02:48 PM
The server went down late last night, about 11:30 PST !-
I've been at this console rebuilding it from scratch since :(
Good news - I didn't lose any DATA or Websites :D
and I put a 30 GB HDD in it ... ;-)

Please help me help you! - If you had an account
Send me an Email with your UserID and Password - and what it was for, I.E. bplog, ftp, email, Team Name etc. - that will save me alot of time from having to dig thru tons of mail to find them all.

Sorry gang, but, we are out of the woods now, and everything is snappy and just fine again.
DJ

ColinT
02-20-2002, 03:37 PM
IB, you are a TechnoWizard!!!

Paratima
02-20-2002, 06:33 PM
Motion seconded! All in favor say "Aye"!:)

IronBits
02-20-2002, 07:09 PM
heh, funny you should say that...

Today is/was not my day

I lost my SCSI C: drive on my w2k box, while I was rebuilding dbestern.net.

This Server was my main DNS, Mail Server and Domain Controller, so don't send me Email for awhile. I'm re-installing from scratch :(

Ars Super Computer database NEEDS to be on a Windows 2000 Server capable of running an MS Access Database. If you have the Server, the data is around 2 megs I believe.
Else I'll just keep hammering away.

Paratima
02-20-2002, 08:57 PM
Sorry, Boss. My only W2K system is at work.:(

Hope it feels better soon!

IronBits
02-20-2002, 09:09 PM
Not to worry. I don't know what happened, but apparently, both SCSI NTFS drives puked out at the same time. Not sure if the RAM died or what yet. I am doing a LL format now to clear out the crap that keeps BSODing the computer.
I should be able to get it all back online in the next day or two. I'll restore my latest backup tape, then pick off the current data from the DVD-RAM drive, where it copies the entire website, every 6 hrs using robocopy, and we will be back in business. Stay tuned.
The mail server needs to be re-installed, ugh...

IronBits
02-21-2002, 01:35 AM
Ok, I think we are back to normal, have a fresh backup so I don't have to do this again anytime soon :D
Both Servers up. All websites active, mail is flowing, SetiQ is back, albeit minus 300 cached WUs to dish out to folks <sigh>

Paratima
02-21-2002, 07:21 AM
Wow! That was quick. Take a break. ;)

Alpha_7
02-21-2002, 06:41 PM
When I try to connect to the seti proxy I get this

connect: No such file or directory

:( what am i doing wrong ?