PDA

View Full Version : Electron Microscope v2.3.8 (Update)

TheWeatherMan
05-20-2003, 11:20 AM
Fixed the EM version alert
EM can now work in read only mode
EM can now track very slow box

There was a problem detecting the presence of an internet connection when the alert message was clicked. This issue has been fixed.

I have finally figured out a solution to the issue where some security is compromised on some systems when F@H files and folders have to be set to read and write over the network. This is no longer necessary. EM will now work either way. If it is read and write or just read only, EM will function correctly. This has not been fully tested yet on Linux based systems that use Samba or some other method to expose Linux folders to the Windows OS. If you have issues and you're using Linux, please let me know. I'm pretty sure it will work correctly, but I may have missed something since I can't really test it.

I know some of you who have a bunch of slow boxen have been asking for a fix to this issue because EM doesn't track a box (frame rate) if it is very slow. EM can now track a box 16 times slower than the slowest box it could track previously. That should put just about anyone into that ballpark. While I have tested everything and it seems to work perfectly, please let me know if you have any issues with this new ability.

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed a few dollars to help me keep the EM-DC web site up and running. Every little bit helps and I appreciate the donations. :D

Please check the protein page to see if you might have one of my missing xyz protein files.

Thanks! :D

Get the latest version here: http://www.em-dc.com

http://www.em-dc.com/images/latestem.jpg

Darkness Productions
05-20-2003, 01:53 PM
Larry - I know you probably don't check this forum very often, but I have a question about EM3. I run EM3 at home, tracking about 6 boxen. I love the HTML stats stuff that's generated, but I have a minor problem with it (not the html itself). The HTML pages only seem to be updating if EM3 is focused (not minimized). This becomes a problem for me when I have other windows open, as EM3 (when not minimized), always tries to bring itself back to the front of the focus. Is there anyway that these can be fixed?

TheWeatherMan
05-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Darkness Productions
Larry - I know you probably don't check this forum very often, but I have a question about EM3. I run EM3 at home, tracking about 6 boxen. I love the HTML stats stuff that's generated, but I have a minor problem with it (not the html itself). The HTML pages only seem to be updating if EM3 is focused (not minimized). This becomes a problem for me when I have other windows open, as EM3 (when not minimized), always tries to bring itself back to the front of the focus. Is there anyway that these can be fixed?
If EM has to save "images" for the HTML stats, it has to be open and selected as the top window so it can grab the current graphic image of each box. At this time it is necessary. If I get the time to write the code to grab things that aren't visible I'll sure do it. For now it's a small pain if you're using the system. :(