PDA

View Full Version : FAO Seti @ Free-DC

gopher_yarrowzoo
06-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Im thinking of Not updating to the New Berkley Open Client thingy as I just can't be bothered with Crunching numbers anymore be it for DF or Seti or any other project.. So when the change over happens I probably won't be there...

Beyond
06-04-2003, 05:32 PM
:(

IronBits
06-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Probably = Maybe ;)
Don't even think about it! :)

Richard Clyne
06-05-2003, 04:45 AM
Gopher,

Do not even go down that road.

I only live a few miles from you. The minute I see those units dropping I will be round with my king-size gopher beating stick to knock some sense back in to you. :D

gopher_yarrowzoo
06-05-2003, 06:43 PM
I may donate some time to other people on this machine but it won't be as much as if I was doing it for myself, only be like 14 hrs instead of 20 when Im working and 0 when Im not

Chinasaur
06-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Gopher,

I hear ya..been doing this since a week or so (maybe four) after S@H started..I just burned out.

Enjoy your freedom man :)

:cheers:

rosyboa
06-15-2003, 06:22 AM
SETI is a drug!

You can slow down, you can stop for now, but it's hard to quit.

I'm definately going to quit means that you will stop for now.

I'm thinking about quiting means that you will probably slow down for now.

Sooner or later you'll be crunching at 100%.

Then you'll quit again.......

Besides gopher, as far as inspiration goes, you're the new Alpha_7! Like it or not.

:notworthy

Cheers to IronBits!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Richard Clyne
06-15-2003, 09:33 AM
I hear you rosyboa and have to agree 110% on what yor saying.

I crunched SETI@Home solid for over three years. Went on to try F@H, came back to SETI@Home, tried DF, came back to DRYI@Home, tried G@H, and finally landed back at SETI@Home.

You may ask "Why do you keep coming back?". If you are not asking that question I am going to tell you why anyway :p

Simple, out of all the DC clients I have used I find this one is so "fire and forget". The client has had plenty time to mature over the years, and I have great difficulty remembering the last time one crashed out on me. If I have problems it is my hardware/software that has been at fault.

Also I have never been a trend setter. So I don't feel the need to jump in on the next new DC project that comes along, and I never have had to take the attitude "I aint doing that project until they fix the client". :p

So long live SETI@Home, and hey, we may yet find live out there.:rolleyes:

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

DISCLAIMER
These opinions are purely mine, and do not reflect the opinions of anyone living, dead, or in the process of previous mentioned states. You do not have to agree with my opinions, but failure to do so may result in a visit from the boys. If you do not crunch for SETI@Home then do not hold me responsible the next time your DC client feks you about. Failure to continue crunching for SETI@Home may result in premature loss of hair from the scalp, hair growing on the palms of your hand, constipation, and/or nervous disorders.

:weggy: <---- You got to love this one. I can now die in peace, finally the "wedgey" smiley has come to free-dc:rotfl:

gopher_yarrowzoo
06-20-2003, 05:33 PM
Lol rosyboa your right... dang Me the New Alpha 7 I don't think i am truly worthy
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy of that title.....
Hmmm Yeah Not actually tried any of the other Projects as up untill recently I didn't have the CPU firepower now I do... maybe with BONIC or what ever it's called I can try other projects......