PDA

View Full Version : Well guys, I am going to take a break...

Gyro77
02-25-2002, 04:36 PM
As much fun as this particular project was, it has ceased to be for the moment. With the stats glitches (some admittedly from the stanford side) and the fact that I have turned in several WU's over the last several days with no credit forthcoming, I can't keep going on with this effort and expense. Being a Biochemsitry major at one point in my past, I find the line of research very interesting, but they need to get this whole DC thing cleaned up before I come back. I will be venturing back over to ARS and TBR where I came from, maybe even some TLC if I get the urge. Until then, keep chugging along guys, catch ya later!

FoBoT
02-25-2002, 06:00 PM
i have dropped to one linux - p3 700mhz at home for F@h
it is too unforgiving (ie no caching sucks!) if you lose your internet connection and no proxy support in sight, promises are easy to make

df is doing it for me ;)

IronBits
02-25-2002, 08:35 PM
I've pulled all my computers off and put most of them on the Distributed Folding project, for much of the same reasons.
Good luck finding happiness and satisfaction where ever you go.

Paratima
03-02-2002, 11:28 PM
Similar sentiments.
You might want to try Dist-Fold. It's almost everything F@H isn't.
Don't be a stranger, in any case! :cool:

Supp
03-03-2002, 07:02 AM
I've got exactly same feeling about F@H.
Switching all (2 :( ) my machines to DisFold.

Gyro77
03-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Paratima, no worries, not gonna be a stranger, this place has too many good people. :D I might take a look at DistFold, maybe give it a little test run in sometime this week. :cool:

Dyyryath
03-04-2002, 02:54 PM
I'm looking at the Distributed Folding thing myself right now...