PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Error oldtraj.ini

kandan
06-18-2003, 02:04 PM
I've got this following message:

[NULL_Caption] FATAL ERROR: [000.000] Config file C:\WINNT oldtraj.ini had been tampered with, cannot continue
Hit Return

My problem is that I am using Windows 2000 Professional and I am just a normal user. I do not have any admin rights. I had even problems with starting this client for the first time. Windows suggested me to debug the programm.

I solved this through an admin login. After that I could run it (some registry problem ?)

Then I switched back to my normal user account. I made 10000 structures and then the programm crashed with the message that I mentioned before.

Is this a rights problem ? In this directory I can not change anything. Why is this ini file there ? I have not changed anything with the default install.

Thanks for any help.

kandan

Sorry for my bad english.

kandan
06-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Ok. I played a bit with this error and now I understand maybe a bit more what happend.

I extracted this project into a new folder and then for the first time I run foldit.bat.

It tried to create this ini file in C:\winnt\ directory. The problem is that I just have read access to this folder. After this the programm crashes and windows offers me to debug it.

Can I change this behaviour somehow ? Is it possible to create this ini file in the same directory like the rest of this programm ? :help:

Brian the Fist
06-19-2003, 12:22 PM
I had not thought about this but on Windows, the new client requires write access to the Windows directory. This cannot be avoided unfortunately. I'll add this info to the readme though, thanks for pointing it out.

Ricky
06-19-2003, 09:18 PM
I'm having the same problem (posted it in the General forum), but with WinXP Pro.
I'm running it as a non-admin user, but I gave myself all powers (or whatever it's called) to my profile... It works for a while, and then dies.

pointwood
06-20-2003, 06:40 AM
I could easily imagine that would make it impossible for some people to run the client :(

Why is that needed?

Ricky
06-20-2003, 06:51 AM
Yup.
As admin it doesn't have problems
I'll try giving admin rights to my non-admin user over the foldtraj.ini at \Windows\ to see if it works...

Cheers

Ricky
06-20-2003, 08:50 AM
It works!
So, problem solved: if you're running XP/W2K, you need to give complete control to any non admin user over the foldtraj.ini file at \Windows\ (and the folder the app is in).
Cheers!

:|party|:

kandan
06-24-2003, 11:55 AM
Thanks Ricky!

Today I had the chance to see if it is working. And it is working great! :|party|:

Thanks!