PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate residue error

erk
06-21-2003, 09:55 PM
I have one machine that keeps getting this same error over again under MacOS X server, it then gets stuck doing nothing obvious and I have to eventually kill the process.

[foldtrajlite] FATAL ERROR: [012.002] Attempt to insert duplicate residue number into database

I have totally removed the directory and downloaded the software again starting fresh, but it still keeps happening at the completion of generation 0.

Any suggestions?

Brian the Fist
06-22-2003, 10:45 AM
I am not sure how you got it into this state, but yes, the solution is simple- you need to clean out your TEMP directory (probably /tmp in your case). Delete it all, or at leat *.cdx, *.dbf and *.fpt. That will fix your problem.

erk
06-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Brian the Fist
I am not sure how you got it into this state, but yes, the solution is simple- you need to clean out your TEMP directory (probably /tmp in your case). Delete it all, or at leat *.cdx, *.dbf and *.fpt. That will fix your problem.

Just tried that, made no difference, the files wer in /tmp (/private/tmp on a Mac)

/private/tmp/ncbi_002309.cdx
/private/tmp/ncbi_002431.cdx
/private/tmp/ncbi_010176.cdx

and also in the client dir:
phipsiwalk_dict.cdx
phipsiwalk_dict.dbf
phipsiwalk_dict.fpt

But the error still occurs about 10sec after starting the cleint:

========================[ Jun 23, 2003 7:15 AM ]========================
FATAL ERROR: [012.002] {trajtools.c, line 2394} Attempt to insert duplicate residue number into database

Brian the Fist
06-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Check again in your tmp dir. try echo $TMPDIR to make sure its the right place. Do NOT delete the phispsi* from the client dir, I didn't ask you to do that! There is no other explanation for this error.

erk
06-24-2003, 05:20 AM
Check again in your tmp dir. try echo $TMPDIR to make sure its the right place. Do NOT delete the phispsi* from the client dir, I didn't ask you to do that! There is no other explanation for this error.

echo $TMPDIR did not show anything, I did an updatedb and a locate cdx and it found the files in /private/tmp and nowhere else. I removed them, also deleted the distribfold directory again and installed it fresh with my existing handle.txt file, and the error still occurs. I suspect the server might be rejecting that machine for some reason, that's all I can think of.

Chazbet
06-30-2003, 07:26 PM
I am experiencing the same error; and none of the files you suggest can be found on my temp directory.

Please suggest alternatives.

Brian the Fist
07-02-2003, 02:36 AM
What is your OS and what do you get when you do 'echo $TMPDIR' ? There is no alternative, there is somewhere a .dbf file in your temp directory and you need to erase it. Maybe you don't have permissions - are you root user?

erk
07-05-2003, 06:58 AM
What is your OS and what do you get when you do 'echo $TMPDIR' ? There is no alternative, there is somewhere a .dbf file in your temp directory and you need to erase it. Maybe you don't have permissions - are you root user?

Yep tried all that many times, gave up in the end and ran folding@home on the machine.

erk
07-23-2003, 05:44 AM
Well the new update fixed the duplicate residue error message probem, but now it just stops after 5 structures and site there forever:

Beginning struc. #5 gen. 0 (9995 until next gen., 0 gen. buffered)

Folding...

Calculating residue 96 of 96

To download this client and help solve the protein folding problem, visit the
Distributed Folding Project home page at: http://www.distributedfolding.org/

Hit 'Q' to exit the program

//`~#\`q\
lq~kq~#`~#``~~j lqj `
l#~\ ` \#~q##~qqj
` ll#j
##q~x #
\q#mj`/