PDA

View Full Version : Bad command or file name

LBaker
06-22-2003, 07:49 PM
I'm having a hard time with the text client on one machine. It was running fine until yesterday after I swiched it to quiet mode. Now all I get is the above error. I've deleted every hint of DF from this machine that I can find and tried to reinstall to no avail. It will run the screensaver version, but I'm a DCer....:D Anyone have any ideas? The machine has Win ME installed(I know, I know but it's a factory install from Dell for the wife and kids :p) :bang:

bwkaz
06-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Sounds odd... can you post your foldit.bat file's contents?

Are you getting this error in the DOS box that pops up when you double-click on foldit.bat, or as a messagebox from Windows?

Are you using dfGUI by any chance? If you are, is the client directory set up properly?

LBaker
06-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Yes it's in the dos box. No dfgui yet... I don't have access to the machine at the moment, but the foldit info is posted here (http://www.thegenomecollective.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6252) This is a brand new install that I haven't even been able to enter my info into...:confused:

bwkaz
06-23-2003, 08:37 PM
Ehh? Your foldit.bat never actually starts up foldtrajlite.exe? That is most definitely strange...

And of COURSE DOS doesn't tell you WHICH command or filename was bad. That would make it too easy! :p

Try adding to the foldit.bat file, stuff like "echo 1", "echo 2", in between every line or something. See if you can tell where it's dying.