PDA

View Full Version : dfGUI v3.1 for Win available (Lots New)

Digital Parasite
06-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Here is another big update to dfGUI with a lot of new features added (most of which were requested by users since the last release). The next version of dfGUI will have multi-language support.

You can get it in the regular location:
http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/dfGUI/

v3.1 (Jun. 28, 2003)
- Added Points tab which gives information about points for current and previous generation, buffered work, a point calculator, and more.

- Added Graph Config tab which allows the user to set various configuration options related to the graphs in dfGUI.

- Added Time Graph tab which will graph the time it took to complete each generation in minutes.

- dfGUI will now auto-save your Energy Graph to a genEnergyGraphXXX.bmp file after it has completed a 250 generation set. XXX starts at 000 and increases every time a new graph is saved so previously saved graphs will not be overwritten. The generation stats and graph will also automatically be reset after the .bmp has been saved (unless otherwise configured).

- dfGUI will now auto-save your Time Graph to a genTimeGraphXXX.bmp file after it has completed a 250 generation set. XXX starts at 000 and increases every time a new graph is saved so previously saved graphs will not be overwritten. The generation time stats and graph will also automatically be reset after the .bmp has been saved (unless otherwise configured).

- Confirmation dialog boxes were added to "Write Bench", "Save" Energy Graph, and "Save" Time Graph buttons.

- Added "Run Client Bench" button to Advanced tab. When users click on this button, the DF client (.\foldtrajlite.exe -bench) benchmark will be run and the DOS box paused so the user has time to see the results. This feature requires the use of a new dfbench.bat file included in the dfGUI distribution.

- The graphing code now ignores energy values above 100. If any 10M values were plotted on the graph, the normal energy values looked like a flat line which did not give much info to the user. It will now just skip the 10M values so the user can see the detailed changes. The time graph will ignore minute values above 1000.

- Added keyboard shortcuts: F5 = Refresh, F6 = Start Client, F7 = Stop Client, and F8 = Exit GUI

MD5 Sum:
8e05dd240508663aa43965852776ecfe dfGUIv31.zip
fbce188be43f1b2433ee263034e3bd51 dfGUIv31src.zip

If you have any problems please let me know.

Jeff.

You can find screenshots here (http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/dfGUI/screenshots.html).

Chaser
06-29-2003, 04:06 PM
great work!
thank you!

^7_of_9
06-29-2003, 04:29 PM
All Win Machines have been updated and they all love it! :bouncy: :cheers: especially the Points calculator!

bubbadog
06-29-2003, 09:48 PM
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Muchas gracias Jeff! :cheers:

IronBits
06-30-2003, 01:37 AM
Thanks for all the hard work! :notworthy :hifi:

HaloJones
06-30-2003, 05:25 AM
A giant among men! What a star! :cheers:

DPRGI-Federico83
06-30-2003, 08:18 AM
great work Jeff, it seems solid and stable. :bouncy:

JetBlack69
06-30-2003, 11:46 AM
Thank you very much Jeff!!!:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :cheers: :hifi:

Kileran
06-30-2003, 01:23 PM
i just started running again yesterday after a couple months break. i LOVE the new version!

Louis
06-30-2003, 01:50 PM
You know, I was going to ask if a points calc could be added. Once again, you're way ahead of me.

How about putting all the buttons in black, with a black label on a black background, and when you hit one of them a black light comes on to let you know? :crazy:

PY 222
06-30-2003, 02:27 PM
The points calculator is an excellent addon for stats whore like me. :D:D

Thanks Jeff! :thumbs:

gistech1978
06-30-2003, 04:34 PM
thanks for your hard work jeff

Darkness Productions
06-30-2003, 10:01 PM
Jeff -

Any thoughts on adding a memory watcher to restart the client when the memory usage on the box reaches a certain (configurable) level?

Grumpy
07-01-2003, 08:17 AM
If only Jeff would work on fixing Windows we would be all so much the better:rotfl:

In the meantime, congrats on yet another revision, and thanks for the added Benchmark feature.. And yeah, a memory watcher may be a lot of help :cry:

Or has the L.E.A.K. been found and about to be stomped :bonk:

Digital Parasite
07-01-2003, 01:56 PM
I was hoping that by now the memory-usage problem would have been fixed... But if its not by the time I am ready to release a new version of dfGUI, I might throw something in to help everyone out.

Jeff.

Gortok
07-02-2003, 07:31 PM
:|party|:
VERY kewl, thanks, dude... :walking:

:elephant: :banana:

HaloJones
07-30-2003, 06:37 PM
Any chance of an option to upload after 250th generation. Running no-net and uploading at the end of a generation would be a sweet option.

Digital Parasite
07-31-2003, 11:59 AM
So you are actually "online" but running no-net and would want the client the stop after it finished a 250 gen set, upload the results, then re-start again?

Jeff.

DPRGI-Federico83
07-31-2003, 12:07 PM
Hi Jeff, any news about the multi-language support?

I'm always ready to start on working above ;)

HaloJones
07-31-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Digital Parasite
So you are actually "online" but running no-net and would want the client the stop after it finished a 250 gen set, upload the results, then re-start again?

Jeff.

Yup! Only one check to see if there is a new client available, 250 uploads, one burst of points scoring.

Digital Parasite
07-31-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by DPRGI-Federico83

I'm always ready to start on working above ;)

Sorry guys, I haven't had any time to work on dfGUI lately and I will be going away on vacation for a couple of weeks so unfortunately the multi-language support won't be ready for a little while... :(

Jeff.

bwkaz
07-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by DPRGI-Federico83

I'm always ready to start on working above ;) If I ever get the Linux client done, would you be interested in doing a translation for it? It uses gettext, so it would be as easy as copying dfGUI.pot to it.po and translating the strings inside that file...

Let me know. Thanks. ;)

DPRGI-Federico83
08-01-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by bwkaz
If I ever get the Linux client done, would you be interested in doing a translation for it? It uses gettext, so it would be as easy as copying dfGUI.pot to it.po and translating the strings inside that file...

Let me know. Thanks. ;)

Are you speaking about the linux version of DFgui or what?

I will help you if I can, but give me more details ;)

bye

bwkaz
08-02-2003, 01:53 PM
Yes, the Linux port.

If you want to see the current state of things, grab the source from http://kadzban.is-a-geek.net/dfGUI-linux/dfGUI-3.0.tar.gz (it's not really 3.0, but it's pretty close), and start taking a look in the po/ subdirectory. If you copy the dfGUI.pot file that's there to it.po, then start editing it to contain translations (change the "msgstr" attributes), then do a bit of hacking to get Italian included in the built .gmo file collection, then set the LANG shell variable to "it" before running it, you should see your translations.

And thank you very much, whether you decide to do it or not. :)

DPRGI-Federico83
08-02-2003, 02:21 PM
I don't know Linux a lot, but I will try to do that ;)

IronBits
08-02-2003, 02:37 PM
Why is the Linux port information being posted in the dfGUI for windows thread???? ;)

DPRGI-Federico83
08-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
Why is the Linux port information being posted in the dfGUI for windows thread???? ;)

:bang: :bang: :bang: ;)

bwkaz
08-02-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
Why is the Linux port information being posted in the dfGUI for windows thread???? ;) Because I found someone that might be willing to do a translation. :p Plus, there isn't a recent enough dfGUI for Linux thread (yeah, I know...).

We can (and probably should) take this discussion offline, too. Federico83 -- hit my profile link, and use the email link from there. Or PM me, either way. Thanks again. :)