PDA

View Full Version : Windows DF Service problems

pfb
07-03-2003, 10:58 AM
I have DF installed on my Windows XP box - and haven't had too many problems since Phase 2 started until now...the server is unreachable (so I assume it's down) but my service install crashes when it tries and connects so Windows tells me:

The Service Control Manager tried to take a corrective action (Restart the service) after the unexpected termination of the Distributed Folding Project Service service, but this action failed with the following error:
An instance of the service is already running.

and

The Distributed Folding Project Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Reboot the machine.

(the 3 times have been in the past 5 or so minutes whilst it's tried to upload)...

and so it reboots but now DF tells me

ERROR: [001.001] {trajtools.c, line 3480} Unable to open trajectory distribution file <handle>_protein_88.trj
FATAL ERROR: [002.003] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4700} Unable to read trajectory distribution, please create a new one

I thought that the new version handles server downtimes better than the Phase 1 did? Or is this problem due to Windows rebooting due the service crashing...?

Stardragon
07-07-2003, 11:36 AM
Try stopping the service and renaming the file to <handle>_protein_87.trj
This seems to have worked for some users the the recent past.

pfb
07-07-2003, 12:39 PM
thanks - but the other issue was that the service died when it couldn't connect to the server so Windows (after 3 "unexpected terminations") rebooted itself...

there were issues with Phase 1 when it couldn't connected to the server and the Windows service install hung...first time I've seen similar (but then I did take DF offline with the planned downtimes)...

oh well, I'll keep an eye on it to see if the service "unexpected terminations" come back...