PDA

View Full Version : New Error found I think...?

theBRAINbelly
07-03-2003, 07:43 PM
Found a machine hung on this error:

========================[ Jul 1, 2003 11:24 PM ]========================
FATAL ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 1178} Illegal file found in upload list

I guess the client started choking on this on July 1st. It required a new folder to fix! I tried deleting the contents of the old distribfold folder; new install and rerun foldit.bat. Same "illegal file in upload list" nonsense.

Downloaded the client on another partition and everything is fine for the moment...

Stardragon
07-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Can you check your directory for any files that are named like regular upload files, but don't end in .val .bz or .log - basically any funny looking file names. Also, how many filesets did you have buffered when this error occured?

theBRAINbelly
07-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Too late at this point...

The directory and contents are long gone. I don't recall seeing any unusual in the distribfold directory. There was a just a couple of data sets I thnk. The error did not allow the client to run at all.

Slo
07-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Well I lost another 250 generations... The first batch I lost I thought the puter crashed because of heat in the room but this crash happened the same and it's not heat... I think it has something to do with being in standby not sure...

Heres what happens: The machine will not come out of standby so I have to reboot... I get back in and open the dfGUI,the icon goes to tray but GUI will not open... The filelist.txt shows 25KB but it is empty... I click on FOLDIT.BAT and get a "ERROR ilegal file in upload list"...

This happened twice now so this machine has been working two weeks with no progress...

I guess I'm just venting because I know there is no cure... This one had my lowest RMS to date... I wish there was still a way to recreate the filelist I tried the old method and get a list but it doesn't work...

Slo...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rshepard
07-09-2003, 12:36 PM
The machine isn't putting the hard drive into standby mode, is it??

Slo
07-09-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by rshepard
The machine isn't putting the hard drive into standby mode, is it??

O geez let me check... But I'm sure I set it up to not have HDD in standby but who knows if windows decided to change it for me...

Slo...

Slo
07-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Just checked and actually I only have the monitor to turn off after 25 mins....

HDD and standby are set to never...

So this is probably not a standby issue at all...

This Sux because I have a picture perfect DF folder and No Filelist :bang:

Slo...

tpdooley
07-09-2003, 04:47 PM
That's why I suggested shutting off all those screensaver/monitor power down features on OCW. I can turn the monitor on when I want to see what the machine is doing every few days.. (We've had a history of screen savers and power down "features" causing problems since the late 80's).
Hopefully we'll find a way to recover the orphaned files..