PDA

View Full Version : Government Warns of Mass Hacker Attacks

Moogie
07-04-2003, 02:41 PM
<b><i>WASHINGTON — The government and private technology experts warned Wednesday that hackers plan to attack thousands of Web sites Sunday in a loosely coordinated "contest" that could disrupt Internet traffic.<br></b></i> <br><br><table width="90%" border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" bordercolor="#63635A" bgcolor="#E7E7E2" align="center"><tr><td style="font-size: 12px; font-style: italic;">"The FBI is taking this very seriously," FBI spokesman Bill Murray said. "Hacking is a crime and those who participate in this activity will be investigated and brought to justice."<br></td></tr></table><br><br>Thanks to magnav0x for submitting this <a href="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,90957,00.html"><b>article</b></a>.<br><br>Any thoughts?<br>

Angus
07-04-2003, 03:49 PM
Bill Murray is a spokesman for the Feebs now? WOW

IronBits
07-04-2003, 06:33 PM
Bah! Let er rip, hack away, we have nothing to fear here, we have Dyyryath on our side :D

Chinasaur
07-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Ah brother...regurgitated Slashdot and Cnet.com content from the Gub't.

Our Gub't Cheese couldn't keep us safe in a pillow fight.

Dyyryath
07-07-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm not entirely sure why this particular 'challenge' got as much media coverage as it did. These kinds of contests go on pretty regularly, but this is the first time I've ever seen the media make such a big deal out of it. And, sure enough, it amounted to...pretty much nothing. ;)

The media just loves to try whipping everybody into a frenzy when they rarely have any idea what they're talking about.:bonk: :bonk:

Darkness Productions
07-07-2003, 11:05 AM
Or when there's little other "newsworthy" ... news.

Originally posted by Dyyryath
The media just loves to try whipping everybody into a frenzy when they rarely have any idea what they're talking about.:bonk: :bonk: