PDA

View Full Version : Illegal file in upload list

rstarr
07-14-2003, 07:52 PM
One of our members just tried to upload a rather large amount of work and recieved this error in the error.log:

14 July 2003 7:27 AM
FATAL ERROR [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 1178} Illegal file found in upload list

Any help on this would be great. He isn't the first member to encounter this error.

Stardragon
07-15-2003, 11:36 AM
Can you check if the filelist.txt has size zero? This error seems to occur when that happens.

Also, can you post any errors that immediately or closely preceded the "Illegal file found" error. It may have something to do with internet connectivity, but I'm still trying to figure it out exactly.

Thanks!

rstarr
07-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Yes, the filelist.txt is also zero sized in bytes. Can anyone help out?

Brian the Fist
07-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Somehow it got deleted. erase the size zero file to get going again. Do you have any idea how it got wiped? Did the program crash or did you close it improperly just before you started getting this error, or something like that?

Darkness Productions
07-15-2003, 10:10 PM
Would it be possible for the client to not use this filelist.txt file for uploading data? Aka, make it so that the client just loops through all the generated data in the directory, and uploads that? It would probably remove a lot of the errors that end users are seeing...

rstarr
07-16-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Brian the Fist
Somehow it got deleted. erase the size zero file to get going again. Do you have any idea how it got wiped? Did the program crash or did you close it improperly just before you started getting this error, or something like that?

Like I said, it was a couple of our members, not me. I asked them and both stated they didn't delete or mess with any of the DF directory files. They both were running in offline mode and tried to connect and upload. One completely wiped out DF and reinstalled. The other (with the large upload) is still waiting my answer.

So....If he erases this filelist.txt zero byte file, will he lose all that work which hasn't uploaded?

Brian the Fist
07-17-2003, 10:32 AM
For now the work is lost, yes. We will try to make provisions for 'rebuilding' the file or better yet, avoiding this problem, in the near future. In the mean time, can we get the OS for teh users with this problem as well as whether running as a service, and if they have dual-CPU machines and were running >1 processes when they got this problem? Thanks.

rstarr
07-22-2003, 11:45 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Been really busy with work. They both were running Win98SE, 1 process.

I don't know if this will apply with the new client. Currently running the 10K file. It's going to take forever. :(