PDA

View Full Version : Dudes on the move

Fozzie
08-01-2003, 02:07 PM
Looks like there are some major crunchin' bouts goin' down.

Ponky and Richard Clyne put the moves on Jammy whilst The Jamster took a break.

Can Jammy hit the gas and come back??

Gibhorn puts a move on FreeDC Hydra Central

Among the "Big Boys" The Codemonkey throws the gauntlet Darkness Productions way.

Can the beaten combattants respond, will the victors march on, check back at Dyyryaths Stats soon. :cool:

Richard Clyne
08-01-2003, 02:22 PM
I've made a little :dump: in the the hope to get some breathing space for when Jammy goes back to full power, and to waken up those above :)

magnav0x
08-01-2003, 02:50 PM
Not sure how much longer I'll continue with the project. Even with the new client I'm having MORE troubles. Every day the client just stops (on ALL the machines). It's usualy nice enough to wait until after I goto work so I can't fix it until 12 -14 hour later.

magicfan241
08-01-2003, 03:34 PM
Last time I checked, Jammy was working with TVM in the gauntlet. Don't make her angry. 'Ware of a females wrath....

Chinasaur
08-01-2003, 05:18 PM
Nice :dump: :thumbs:

:cheers:

rsbriggs
08-01-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Fozzie
Among the "Big Boys" The Codemonkey throws the gauntlet Darkness Productions way.

Unfortunately one of my big boxes is down - I screwed up the Gentoo Linux install I was doing on it, bigtime. I'll be up late tonight trying to get it going.... I want to go O R A N G E :thumbs: :confused: :confused: :mad:

Humph - that is quite a curious blue colored orange. How about.....
ORANGE?
ORANGE? :)

rsbriggs
AKA CodeMonkey
AKA Mr Bob

Chinasaur
08-01-2003, 05:57 PM
On Gentoo...what is the speed enhancement of a custom compiled system? ±5%???

Dyyryath
08-01-2003, 06:23 PM
That depends on a bunch of things. What you've done to the kernel, which compiler flags you use when compiling apps, etc. Essentially, the further you push it, the less stable it might be. It's kind of like software overclocking. :)

I'll do some experimenting tomorrow night and see if I can get you a number that makes sense with the DF client. I've been doing some benchmarking anyway.