PDA

View Full Version : was there ever a solution for this problem

TyOI
08-08-2003, 05:27 PM
TyOI

was a solution ever found for this error - have a system with 200+ units that want upload

system running W2K and has the latest win text client on board

what happened was it was uploading and for some reason just shut down when i restarted it refused to upload and displayed the message Previous generation missing then went on to crunch

ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4411} Cannot find structure from previous generation .\j99wgbbh_0_j99wgbbh_protein_126_0000035_min.val; find it manually or delete filelist.txt to continue
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4587} Error during upload: Previous generation missing

regards
Tom

IronBits
08-08-2003, 08:14 PM
Look and see if there is a filelist.txt AND filelist.txt.tmp.
IF so, delete filelist.txt and rename filelist.txt.tmp to filelist.txt :)
Then start the client again.

TyOI
08-09-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by IronBits
Look and see if there is a filelist.txt AND filelist.txt.tmp.
IF so, delete filelist.txt and rename filelist.txt.tmp to filelist.txt :)
Then start the client again.

TyOI

nope only a filelist.txt no tmp file there

Regards
Tom

IronBits
08-09-2003, 11:06 AM
Have you tried using the "foldtrajlite -purgeuploadlist 1" command?

One at a time till you get to one it likes...

GHOST
08-09-2003, 12:23 PM
I think purge uploadlist deletes files. To be used after transfering files to other media.

IronBits
08-09-2003, 12:34 PM
Think?
The reason I mentioned it, is that it has helped me before in the same situation ;)
Of course, he can make a copy of the directory before he uses it.
Eventually it will get down to the good pairs and start uploading :)

TyOI
08-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
Have you tried using the "foldtrajlite -purgeuploadlist 1" command?

One at a time till you get to one it likes...

TyOI

not tried this would be obliged to know how you apply this switch
am running text version

Regards
Tom

Paratima
08-09-2003, 05:27 PM
RTFM! :bonk: :D

It's all spelled out in the Readme file on the Download page at the Distributed Folding website.

TyOI
08-10-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Paratima
RTFM! :bonk: :D

It's all spelled out in the Readme file on the Download page at the Distributed Folding website.

TyOI

tried this several time it dose not seem to do anything and its not deleting any files from the directory

regards
Tom

Paratima
08-10-2003, 09:09 AM
Ahah! That's different from not knowing what it's for or how to use it...

That's a bug! And you have just reported it in exactly the correct place. :thumbs:

Now it's up to Howard and/or Elena.

TyOI
08-10-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Paratima
Ahah! That's different from not knowing what it's for or how to use it...

That's a bug! And you have just reported it in exactly the correct place. :thumbs:

Now it's up to Howard and/or Elena.

TyOI

its also possible i am :confused: and not applying the instruction correctly this can sometimes be a problem with people of ignorance :harhar:

Regards
Tom

Beyond
08-10-2003, 12:43 PM
A little trying at times Data, but never ignorant. :D

Welnic
08-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by TyOI
TyOI

its also possible i am :confused: and not applying the instruction correctly this can sometimes be a problem with people of ignorance :harhar:

Regards
Tom

I think that it is having the same problem when it tries to fake upload as when it tries to upload for real, so it is not helping.

TyOI
08-10-2003, 01:32 PM
TyOI

thanks for the input folks but i think i will just leave the directory in tact and see if anything gets done before the client change if not will dump it and start afresh again this now makes 800+ units lost to this bug and a lot of cpu days down the drain - not to worry all in a good cause

regards
Tom

Brian the Fist
08-12-2003, 11:52 AM
We believe we may have fixed this bug, but Im guessing you are not running the 'patched' version we posted and linked to in this forum a week or so ago. (called it a 'test version' or something). Once the error has occurred though, it is likely the data can no longer be used.

If you have a file named similarly to the one it is saying is missing (within the _min for example) you can rename it and it might be happy but this may not apply to you.

TyOI
08-13-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Brian the Fist
We believe we may have fixed this bug, but Im guessing you are not running the 'patched' version we posted and linked to in this forum a week or so ago. (called it a 'test version' or something). Once the error has occurred though, it is likely the data can no longer be used.

If you have a file named similarly to the one it is saying is missing (within the _min for example) you can rename it and it might be happy but this may not apply to you.

TyOI

was running the latest text client from your download site - was running the patched version for a cpl of days them upgraded when i noticed you had a later version assumed this had the patch incorporated

still cannot get any of the 6 systems to upload the units will dump the files and load the new client when its released later today

Regards
Tom