members:

FoBoT
mr_mann

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-13-2002, 08:28 AM
count me in mr_mann and we will flatten team bring it on :p

Condor
03-13-2002, 09:43 AM
Well, I am always up for a little gauntlet, my favorite pasttime.
Am I eligible, having only one unit to date ?

I could help with a few boxes assuming the timing is right for me, that means distributed folding team is in first and looks like it will stay that way.

mr_mann
03-13-2002, 12:05 PM
anyone will work :D you two are welcomed to TEAM JSI!

Condor
03-13-2002, 01:27 PM
Well thank you. Team JSI for me.

I have no idea what I can contribute but I am sure that I will end up with more than what I have now.

Since I have never really done SETI before, can someone point me in the right direction for some FAQ, maybe info about servicing the client and network monitoring programs ?

All thanks in advance.

Condor

ColinT
03-13-2002, 01:39 PM
The best source for that info is at www.teamlambchop.com

If you have any questions, please ask here or drop into the IRC channel.

As for net monitoring, most people use SetiQ. It caches and provides extensive web page reports on your history and progress in realtime. http://www.setiqueue.org

IB has set up a public SetiQ. You can use it to fetch and send your work and see your progress.

Colin

Condor
03-13-2002, 01:55 PM
Thanks a bunch Colin.
I will check then out.

mr_mann
03-13-2002, 02:40 PM
members:

papa shango
FoBoT
condor
mr_mann

hopefully platinum and some others :D

please join our team! :D

Platinum [JSI]
03-13-2002, 03:32 PM
Never fear Platinum is here :D

mr_mann
03-13-2002, 03:34 PM
YIPEEE!!! platinum is here!

Platinum [JSI]
03-13-2002, 03:44 PM
do we need to do owt to get our blocks counted ?

mr_mann
03-13-2002, 04:44 PM
the number of WU's submitted durring the time specified will be counted...

this means platinum!! start saving your WU's till the 29th :D

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-14-2002, 08:01 AM
we are going to get slaughtered! they've got about 8 members :(

FoBoT
03-14-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Papa Shango [JSI]
we are going to get slaughtered! they've got about 8 members :(

if it looks lopsided, i'll move a few of my bigger windows pc's from distributedfolding to SETI during the gauntlet, that may help a bit

how long is it? you said we are starting on the 29th of march?
when i get back into town next week, i'll survey my df situation and see what i can spare for this gauntlet ;)

mr_mann
03-14-2002, 09:28 PM
you da man FoBoT :D

Alpha_7
03-15-2002, 05:56 AM
Well recruit more members... to the team..

theres still plenty of time.. and I'm sure we can
work out pretty fair teams..

Remember Plats the Daddy of JSI Seti..

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-15-2002, 08:02 AM
you need to be on our team alpha..... :(

pucechan
03-17-2002, 07:16 PM
Ahoy JSI mateys :D

Pucechan is in for Team JSI :D

now it will be interesting to see which of my accounts it registers lol (they ALL have same e-mail addy !!!)

What is the start date ?

Alpha_7
03-17-2002, 10:23 PM
29th of March.. :)

DarkStar
03-20-2002, 02:17 PM
Clueless question ... what's a "JSI"?

mr_mann
03-20-2002, 02:58 PM
its an older team that is where most of us is from...

www.jsihardware.com

JSI :D

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-20-2002, 03:13 PM
i might drop out of this guantlet cos i'm get loads of blocks to send off and i can't send them off cos of berkly not getting their money out their wallets :rolleyes:

Alpha_7
03-20-2002, 03:52 PM
PAPA!!! Use the Queues!!!... I keep posting in here to tell you how to do it... but your not listening...

The Queues allow u to send off and recieve new units...

reguardless of the current state of berkeley.

Dont drop out :)

mr_mann
03-20-2002, 06:19 PM
ive got a total of 95 blocks ready to be worked on :D
34 are done now :D

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-20-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Alpha_7
PAPA!!! Use the Queues!!!... I keep posting in here to tell you how to do it... but your not listening...

The Queues allow u to send off and recieve new units...

reguardless of the current state of berkeley.

Dont drop out :)

they are slow though :( i like my blocks to be gone fast, not waiting ages for one blocks to go :(

Darkness Productions
03-20-2002, 09:21 PM
But which is better... waiting for them to upload, or not getting them uploaded at all????

mr_mann
03-21-2002, 12:24 AM
seti stash with about 30 WU's in it will take care of anything

Alpha_7
03-21-2002, 12:53 AM
LOL all of mine for set at 50 :)

It does the ticket :)

Alpha_7
03-21-2002, 01:02 AM
Slow ?
DO u mean slow to actually upload ?
Or do u meant the stats aren't updated straight away ??

I found most SetiQ's are faster then Berkeley because they aren't being hit up, by 1000's of PCs for units.

I also find its easy to leave the machine on and hit transfer units, come back after watching some TV, going to bed, getting some lunch.. and they will be all sent (depending on the payload)

But still it takes a while, but keep yourself busy, dont sit watching it upload 10k at a time.

:D

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-21-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Darkness Productions
But which is better... waiting for them to upload, or not getting them uploaded at all????

neither cos my 56k connection is poor. :(

kirschlk
03-21-2002, 04:04 PM
I would like to be a part of Team JSI! Condor pointed me your way.

Thank you, and happy calculating.

Alpha_7
03-21-2002, 04:24 PM
Welcome :)

Glad to have another worthy adversary.. :)

Papa Recruit some more of the available crunchers to even up the teams.

Darkness Productions
03-22-2002, 07:37 AM
Alright boys.... I need a current roster for Team [JSI]. Also, how do you want your name to be? Team JSI, or Team [JSI]? Either works well for me.

Also, I need ther person SETI nick, not their forum name. I noticed some differences in their names. Make sure to let me know.

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-22-2002, 08:08 AM
i'm dropping out of the gauntlet and don't ask why... :rolleyes:

Richard Clyne
03-22-2002, 08:50 AM
i'm dropping out of the gauntlet and don't ask why... :rolleyes:

:( Sorry to hear this. Hope nothing serious. :(

Condor
03-22-2002, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear that Papa, but you got a week if that helps.

On another note, we are going to need some more production here to be competitive.
We have about the same number of members on JSI but our weekly production numbers are well below theirs.
Hope we can step it up a few notches.

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-22-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Richard Clyne

:( Sorry to hear this. Hope nothing serious. :(

nope nothing serious, it's just that i'm having trouble sending blocks off (i've got a big stash!), i've tried the seti ques but they don't work :(

Darkness Productions
03-22-2002, 10:57 AM
Papa - Have you tried my queue? If you have, I could prolly help you get it working for you. I don't want Team Just Bring It to whoop you all too badly :) Let me know if you have, and I will see what I can do. If not, point a client at gms8994.dyndns.org:5517, and then send me a PM and I will help you out.

Richard Clyne
03-22-2002, 11:01 AM
Papa, I have had not problem in the last 24hrs in sending completed units back to Berkeley.

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-22-2002, 01:18 PM
problem is that can't leave my comp to send them off cos my cr@ppy isp cos if i leave the net idle for 10mins :eek: it cuts off automatically :mad: :(

Richard Clyne
03-22-2002, 02:27 PM
Okay Papa, It's your ISP that is causing the problem.

Who are you with, and have you tried changing to another ISP. There is plenty of them about.

I had a simuar problem when I was with Freeserve pay as you go. It got that bad (kicking me off after about 2 mins) I went back to paying a flat rate fee with BT Openworld. I have to say that was the best move I made. Very rarely my line is dropped. Most times it is dropped is because I have been inactive for a period of time or I have reached the 2 hour limit.

Plus it cut down my phone call charges from £60 per quater to about £6. Okay I do have to pay £15 per month, but I can now surf anytime I want, not just evening & weekends when it is cheaper.

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-22-2002, 02:50 PM
should be changing to ADSL in about weeks time if all goes well... BT need to do another line test and that should be done on monday...

Alpha_7
03-22-2002, 06:47 PM
Hope you can get it fixed up
Sorry to hear your having problems.. but we all hope to see you in action in the gauntlet.

:D

Richard Clyne
03-22-2002, 07:44 PM
should be changing to ADSL in about weeks time if all goes well... BT need to do another line test and that should be done on monday...

Hopefully it will be installed in time for the start of the gauntlet. Even if it is not then you can join in once ADSL is set up.

You're lucky to live in an area that BT have installed ADSL. The day we get ADSL in my area will see a pig flying over a blue moon.:D

So Papa, are you going to stay in the gauntlet until all avenues have been tried.

Alpha_7
03-23-2002, 04:28 AM
Papa, why do you download like 50-150 unit too keep you busy while u might be out of service ?
And then once it does get installed u can upload all the completed work units ?

That way you still get to compete :)
Team Jsi Needs You!

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-23-2002, 06:19 AM
i've got 35 blocks cached on my main box and my duron box there's 35 blocks cached.

i thought you weren't allowed to dump a big load in the seti gauntlet at the start of it? :confused:

/me confused

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-23-2002, 07:59 AM
Update - i've manged to send most of my blocks off now :)

DarkStar
03-23-2002, 09:35 AM
Well - since DP is on the other team, and we don't want to have too much "Dark" in any one place, I suppose you can count me in on JSI for the gauntlet. Cheers!

Darkness Productions
03-23-2002, 10:56 AM
DarkStar.... This brings back some old memories. We'll see what we can do between the two of us for this gauntlet, whaddya say??? :)

Richard Clyne
03-23-2002, 01:07 PM
i've got 35 blocks cached on my main box and my duron box there's 35 blocks cached.

i thought you weren't allowed to dump a big load in the seti gauntlet at the start of it? :confused:

/me confused

I can only speak for myself Papa, but I hope most will agree, this gauntlet is for fun, as well as building the team up.

Anyone reading this forum will know you have a problem with your connection and are genuinaly trying to dump your completed WU's. What more can be asked of you or anyone else in a similar situation where it is impossible to get all caches emptied due to some legit reason.

Crunch on Papa and dump when you can:)

Richard Clyne
03-23-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by DarkStar
Well - since DP is on the other team, and we don't want to have too much "Dark" in any one place, I suppose you can count me in on JSI for the gauntlet. Cheers!

WTG Darkstar, your addition to the gauntlet certainly makes it a more interesting gauntlet.:D

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-23-2002, 01:32 PM

I can only speak for myself Papa, but I hope most will agree, this gauntlet is for fun, as well as building the team up.

Anyone reading this forum will know you have a problem with your connection and are genuinaly trying to dump your completed WU's. What more can be asked of you or anyone else in a similar situation where it is impossible to get all caches emptied due to some legit reason.

Crunch on Papa and dump when you can:)

ok m8, i'll be in Guantlet but i won't be helping my team much if i can't dump units off when i want to, i'll try my best to send them off though :)

Richard Clyne
03-23-2002, 07:28 PM
Glad to hear that you are still in Papa.:D

Alpha_7
03-23-2002, 09:27 PM
Yeah I agree, Crunch on Papa...

the main spirit of the gauntlet is fun and to get everyone motivated in pumping out the units and furthering the team as a whole.. so your welcome to dump whenever you want..

DarkStar
03-24-2002, 11:29 PM
DarkStar.... This brings back some old memories. We'll see what we can do between the two of us for this gauntlet, whaddya say??? :)

Heya, DP - does at that, doesn't it? I never was really able to keep up a sustained output anywhere close to yours, though - I just managed to borg a few boxes to hold you off for passing me quite as quickly. Even at that I've retired one box since then, and what you see is pretty much what I've got.

Unless, of course, I can muster up a few reinforcements somewhere - but even that's rather doubtful at present. I might be able to crank up the clock rate on a couple of boxes enough to stay even with that Richard Clyne fellow, though ... ;)

Alpha_7
03-25-2002, 01:34 AM
Extra boxes :)
hurray for extra boxes...
lol not that I can talk I have 3 boxen that I can get to work atm...
I've been cursed :( Production is down, I have over 1400+ ghz being wasted... I have to get my act togeher :)

Richard Clyne
03-25-2002, 06:35 AM
Extra boxes :)
hurray for extra boxes...
lol not that I can talk I have 3 boxen that I can get to work atm...
I've been cursed :( Production is down, I have over 1400+ ghz being wasted... I have to get my act togeher :)

Come on Alpha_7, time is running out. Get those boxen sorted out :p

I should add some more power by the weekend, a celeron 400 from work (I told the boss that it need some testing :D ) and a AMD XP 1800, parts ordered and I will pick up on Friday, assembled on Saturday.:D

Take note Darkstar, can you handle the pace :)

If you have not already signed up then time is running out.

Alpha_7
03-25-2002, 08:08 AM
I'm trying...
just low on resources...

I tried re-installing.. and (X - 1) number of disk to make a Win2k boot disk :( Which meant I need to keep swapping them over..

still got the same error after a number of formats and reinstalls on my main partion..

Inaccesible Boot Device..

Not good :(

But I am trying... At worst Neon and I will use friday (Good Friday)
To conglomerate some machines and harsness as much of the Ghz as we can :)

mr_mann
03-25-2002, 08:14 AM
i hope the power goes out this coming month in australia :D
that would save me some trouble

Alpha_7
03-25-2002, 08:17 AM
:P
Thanks not very nice...

and lol, I'm a engineering.. I'll just rigg up my push-bike and pedal away.. my trusty dynamo-generator will do the rest :)

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-25-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by mr_mann
i hope the power goes out this coming month in australia :D
that would save me some trouble

lol :D

here's hoping... ;) :p

mr_mann
03-25-2002, 01:34 PM
lets start praying on it :D for TEAM JSI !

Darkness Productions
03-25-2002, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I have a feeling you're gonna need it...

lets start praying on it :D for TEAM JSI !

mr_mann
03-25-2002, 03:18 PM
i agree with that :D we will need a miracle :D

DarkStar
03-25-2002, 05:47 PM
[B]

Take note Darkstar, can you handle the pace :)

Hmmm ... well, if I can get all six of these old boatanchors to overclock by 10%, that'd prolly give me an extra 400 or so MHz equivalent - probably enough to cover the Celery, at least ... ;)

Alpha_7
03-25-2002, 07:18 PM
Like I said in one of the other threads..

What about Rosyboa, Active, Legion, Mr_A (friend of mine)
Offer them a spot on your team...

keep recruiting for the hour of the gauntlet draws Nigh...

mr_mann
03-25-2002, 11:02 PM
well keep recruiting for TEAM JSI :D we sure would like to have some more people :D

Alpha_7
03-26-2002, 12:23 AM
I have got you Mr_A and Syphor, they aren't high output, but every bit counts, :) So keep recruiting..

/I shouldn't have to do it all for you :P

Alpha_7
03-26-2002, 06:03 AM
and theres pfrostie (sorry if I spelt it wrong)

actually at this stage I would be happy for team JSI to take an new comer and have them on their side of the gauntlet...

Its a big call, and my team mates at JBI might not agree... but I reckon if you guys can pull in more members all the better...

I am strongly confident in our team :)

Richard Clyne
03-26-2002, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alpha_7
[B]and theres pfrostie (sorry if I spelt it wrong)

actually at this stage I would be happy for team JSI to take an new comer and have them on their side of the gauntlet...

Its a big call, and my team mates at JBI might not agree... but I reckon if you guys can pull in more members all the better...

I am okay with this.

That's no. 2 in my book of excuses incase we get beat. :D

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-26-2002, 07:59 AM
i don't think active wants to do the gauntlet :(

mr_mann
03-26-2002, 08:07 AM
how come?

Alpha_7
03-26-2002, 08:11 AM
He doesn't have to do anything, just keep outputting what he does now, just that it counts for the JSI..

He a long time JSI supporter I thought he would of been keen..
:(

Alpha_7
03-26-2002, 08:25 AM
De ja vu!

Richard Clyne
03-26-2002, 09:48 AM
Alpha_7,

Appreciate what you are doing for other team and the reasons behind it. Although I have to say it's a first for me.

Would it also be possible for the new arrivals who have not already done so, post their allegiance to Team JSI on this thread. This will help DP keep the stats page up to date.

Remember new recruits can added to a team even after the guantlet starts :). Their baseline figure will be taken from the next update after they have joined the gauntlet. (DP hope this it not going to cause any problems with your stats page:) )

mr_mann
03-26-2002, 12:14 PM
i like what alpha is doin hes a nice guy :D

Alpha_7
03-26-2002, 03:33 PM
Appreciate what you are doing for other team and the reasons behind it. Although I have to say it's a first for me.

How come its a first for you ?

mr_mann
03-26-2002, 03:38 PM
hes never brodened his point of view to help other gauntlet teams :D maybe everyone should help team JSI

Alpha_7
03-26-2002, 03:50 PM
Well in the long run the more people that are a part of it, enjoy it and have fun, the better off the community and the team in general will be.

If on team gets beaten badly not everyone will be resilent enough to jump back on and have another go... I know most are, but there are some that dont like that kind of (for want of a better word) humiliation.

So in the long run its better that both teams are fair, and that as many people no matter what their contribution have a chance to be a part of it, that way the community and the team reap the benefits.

mr_mann
03-26-2002, 04:13 PM
well lets just hope our members keep comin :D we could always use more and more :D

Richard Clyne
03-26-2002, 05:58 PM
Well in the long run the more people that are a part of it, enjoy it and have fun, the better off the community and the team in general will be.

If on team gets beaten badly not everyone will be resilent enough to jump back on and have another go... I know most are, but there are some that dont like that kind of (for want of a better word) humiliation.

So in the long run its better that both teams are fair, and that as many people no matter what their contribution have a chance to be a part of it, that way the community and the team reap the benefits.

I was part of TTC during the Ars Seti Gauntlets, we got dicked every time. We still came back for more (sadists):D

mr_mann
03-26-2002, 09:46 PM
oh man i was on krell worshipers when we used to think krell was real :D too bad he wasnt :D

Alpha_7
03-27-2002, 02:40 AM
Krell ?

And Like I said.. for many of use it doesnt matter if we win or lose.. but for some people its more important.. and if its a close fight then the minimum of people geting annoyed or pissed off..

Daza
03-27-2002, 03:46 AM
damnit, ill change my box over once again for the duration of this gauntlet...... that is of course if any one wants me...... i can dig up: a 1ghz thunderbird, a ~200cyrix 1200athlon(laptop) and i just finished up packing mums new computer so i might be able to get her new 1200 duron as well

Daza
03-27-2002, 04:01 AM
someone better treat me like the n00b i am and send me in the right direction PLZ

Alpha_7
03-27-2002, 04:14 AM
What do u need to know ?
If you familar with seti etc... which u seem to be.. then U just need to be on the Free-DC team

make your choice of teams.. I suggest.. well thought I did the post has vanished that u got on Team JSI, as the need more person power there...

To do that, just hop in the Team JSI thread as say sign me up

and DP should add you to the team..

from then for the 2 weeks of the gauntlet you units will count towards the Team JSI total..

Daza
03-27-2002, 05:02 AM
not really that familia, i started running dist folding a little while ago (read in number of days) but then switched to the new childrens cancer project a couiple of days ago, you talk about the differnt clients which is best to run for this competition and what are teh web sites etcetc, thanks for ya help and please put me down for Team JSI , i dont have a seti username as yet but hopefully it will be daza , unless someone has pinched that :(

mr_mann
03-27-2002, 08:08 AM
if you need help setting up anything just ask... might i suggest using seti stash? that and the command line version of seti are good together :D and easy!

Daza
03-27-2002, 01:57 PM
thanks, ill try to get registeret and stuff after school

mr_mann
03-27-2002, 03:44 PM
welcome to the team SIR! :D

Daza
03-28-2002, 01:04 AM
aarrrggghh brain fade
im being really really useless at the moment and i cant find any of the damn links to download the appropiate files...... can some one plz post the ftp links....you know click on em and they open..... btw i run win xp

ColinT
03-28-2002, 01:18 AM
Here are links to every file:

http://www.teamlambchop.com/

See the SETI TIPS ET. AL. section

Grab the client here: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/download.html

Here is a direct DL link to the Windows CLI:

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/setiathome/setiathome-3.03.i386-winnt-cmdline.exe

Daza
03-28-2002, 01:20 AM
thanks, ur a life saver

IronBits
03-28-2002, 02:07 AM
Ars Seti Team Number: 14240

Richard Clyne
03-28-2002, 08:01 PM
mr_mann, could you check this page http://gms8994.dyndns.org/stats/seti/gauntlet/index-1.htm to make sure that all your members are listed.

If you find anthing incorrect then let DP know asap.

The clock is ticking away, about 16 hrs.:D

Daza
03-28-2002, 08:21 PM
at ~.4 kbs it will take me 16 hours just to get the clinet lol

Richard Clyne
03-29-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Daza

Stick some more coal in the boiler:D

mr_mann
03-29-2002, 07:19 AM
itll be ok... :D you will still complete WU's like all of us!

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-29-2002, 12:25 PM
we've taken an early lead :) only 7 in front of team JBI :D

mr_mann
03-29-2002, 02:04 PM
this is going to be REAL close :D lets add more machines!

Alpha_7
03-29-2002, 09:50 PM
I agree, it appears that the teams are pretty equal at present :)
And I'm glad that we evened them out now...

I think it will be a hard for any team to take a big lead.

DarkStar
03-29-2002, 10:27 PM
this is going to be REAL closeEven closer, perhaps, than the initial data suggests ... of that 7 work unit difference, four were the result of unintentional sandbagging on my part.

Thinking that today would be the "baseline" day, with tomorrow's stats being the first to count toward the gauntlet, I didn't modify my daily upload window until late last evening - which resulted in a longer than normal "day" today, with an extra eight hours or so of crunch time. Sowwy! :o

Note, however, that any future sandbagging on my part that should occur will be fully premeditated!

Alpha_7
03-29-2002, 10:38 PM
LOL no worries..

Double LOL at

Note, however, that any future sandbagging on my part that should occur will be fully premeditated!

mr_mann
03-29-2002, 10:40 PM
REAL close i predict its goin to be within 10 WU's :D

Richard Clyne
03-29-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by DarkStar
Even closer, perhaps, than the initial data suggests ... of that 7 work unit difference, four were the result of unintentional sandbagging on my part.

Thinking that today would be the "baseline" day, with tomorrow's stats being the first to count toward the gauntlet, I didn't modify my daily upload window until late last evening - which resulted in a longer than normal "day" today, with an extra eight hours or so of crunch time. Sowwy! :o

Sorry DarkStar, seems to have been a muck up in comms between myself and DP.

I did think the figures would be baselined today 12 noon (EST).

I don't think it has caused too much of a problem.:)

Alpha_7
03-29-2002, 10:56 PM
Oh well..
it wont make a big difference..

let the crunching continue..

Daza
03-30-2002, 05:51 AM
| Richard Clyne quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stick some more coal in the boiler |

im running an ADSL line (limited to 128kbs)..... where is the stats page, i want to see my pitiful zero beside my name

Daza
03-30-2002, 06:35 AM
I go to school at a new computer collage in new zealand and we have about 25 nice new p4's and 25 p'3s all begging to have seti@home running on em ........... we have one teacher convinced (out of 3 thats aint bad) if only i could just convince the others. how many others run distrubted computing from school or work?? what deal do you have

Alpha_7
03-30-2002, 07:29 AM
Well you can work the it doesn't affect the users, as its a background program, and is indeed using the wasted computer cycles and doing something helpful with them.

Suggest its a good way to have the "school" recognised by making an account for them, with a URL to their page. Suggest this would help promote the school, and in an area related to what it teaches.
(the above is you dont want the machines on your account)

I'm pretty sick at the moment... mustn't have got enough sleep coz I've been vomiting and have a bad migrain (I'm on the up now though) but I'll leave it there for the time being...

hope this has helped trigger the right line of thought.

mr_mann
03-30-2002, 09:03 AM
im sorry to hear ur sick alpha! im veryyy sick my self...
went to the doctors last night and they drew blood and stuff
they dont know whats wrong with me...

well hey daza i got ur email and i asked DP to add ya :D

Papa Shango [JSI]
03-30-2002, 09:42 AM
sorry to hear that alpha, get well soon and that goes for you too mr_mann :D

i ain't got no probs with me except i ain't been sleeping very well :(

mr_mann
03-30-2002, 11:39 AM
i havent been either papa...
i got 3 hours of sleep last night :(

DarkStar
03-30-2002, 12:30 PM
Stoke the Boilers!

JBI just cut the lead to 4 WU!

<doing the panic act>

Alpha_7
03-30-2002, 04:04 PM
We need more Power, Captain...

<does the panic dance, slips, stumbles then falls stunned on the floor>

mr_mann
03-30-2002, 04:26 PM
im maxxed out till the weekend is over :( we need to get more computers guys

Daza
03-31-2002, 02:31 AM
thanks mr man

mmmm i never thought of it in that way Alpha7, cuz this is the first year and stuff we have a grand total of 24 ppl and they are really looking to publisise it alot more....... trouble is they would probably want to enter a newzealand team

mr_mann
03-31-2002, 08:23 AM
well tell them this team is an international team :D we accept all members from all countries :D

Daza
03-31-2002, 05:05 PM
mmmmm intrestin,....... internatial students have big bills to study here, that would probably quite intrest here......... is there any body here who would have done a year based mainly on computers rather then their last year of high school??
its been a while since this page was updated but heres the link

http://www.ict.school.nz

Richard Clyne
03-31-2002, 05:35 PM
I would have loved to do that Daza, but theyhad only introduced computing as an o grade at my high school a year before I left.

Although the early days of computing were good in the sense of developments and working within tight contraints when it came to CPU, Hardisk and RAM. Now is the time to be growing up in the computer world purley because you can get colleges like yours that only deal in computing subjects.

Lucky sod :D

Daza
03-31-2002, 06:59 PM
we do have to do calcus and economics to ensure we get universaty entrance whcih sucks but then we do get national certificate in computing certificate in it and first year university comp sciences free :D

Daza
04-02-2002, 05:51 PM
umm how come none of my uploaded wu's count towards my total or the team total on the stats page for the gauntlet also i have uploaded another 10 with no change??

mr_mann
04-02-2002, 06:42 PM
can someone please explain why we are gettin jipped?

DarkStar
04-02-2002, 07:40 PM
I see 7 (2 on the 1st and 5 on the 2nd) credited from Daza - maybe you're not getting them submitted early enough for the daily update (they're pulled at noon EST, iirc). There was a post from DP yesterday in the Free-DC guantlet thread (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=382&perpage=40&pagenumber=4) (about the fifth post from the top on the fourth page) about a problem with Daza's stats, but I thought it was corrected. Might check with him and see ...

Daza
04-02-2002, 08:58 PM
hmmmyeah those wold be about right....... i tihnk im probably seeing a chached page or something like that, it is just that link from the main page isnt it

Daza
04-02-2002, 08:59 PM
ahh all good now thanks

mr_mann
04-02-2002, 11:33 PM
oh well it was worth worrying about :D

Alpha_7
04-02-2002, 11:48 PM
Glad to hear its all fixed now Daza. :)

mr_mann
04-03-2002, 07:36 AM
hey DP add condor and megadose :D

Condor
04-03-2002, 08:05 AM
hey DP add condor and megadose :D
Ummm, I am already on the team.

mr_mann
04-03-2002, 11:17 AM
just making sure! :D cant be toooo sure :D

DarkStar
04-03-2002, 12:45 PM
Talk about close:

Team [JBI] = 591
Team [JSI] = 592

Darkness Productions
04-03-2002, 12:56 PM
Damn sam..... I can't come anywhere near the production of megadose_ and Condor.... I think that was the proverbial straw right there.....

Richard Clyne
04-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Damn sam..... I can't come anywhere near the production of megadose_ and Condor.... I think that was the proverbial straw right there.....

I think your right DP.

mr_mann
04-03-2002, 01:46 PM
if i would ever go get those computers off RC5 and put them on SETI i could be close :D lemme try it :D

NeonBlack
04-03-2002, 04:48 PM
also JSI have 3 more members than us now. I think we're going to have to pull out all the stops.

looks like i'm going 24/7 although it will be hard to sleep :)

Papa Shango [JSI]
04-03-2002, 05:55 PM
team jsi is going to 0wn j00

Alpha_7
04-03-2002, 10:19 PM
We can still do it.. i've borged many a machine in the last couple of weeks... so I'm dealing with unknown crunching potential...

but we can do it.... can anyone contact pforstie ? we need them on team JBI to even things up.. that or we need to send a plea to dyyryath

mr_mann
04-04-2002, 11:45 AM
i guess ill have to add more machines :D but dont worry :D

Daza
04-04-2002, 02:43 PM
grrrr first i get told to only use my computer and leave my sisters and parents alone then they tell me that its too noisy to leave on a nite and now im getting told to stop cruncing all together......what do they mean it cant be left going while on holiday???

mr_mann
04-04-2002, 02:49 PM
well daza we really need ur WU's see if u can talk em into it :D

Platinum [JSI]
04-04-2002, 03:51 PM
I think this (http://forums.jsihardware.com/showthread.php?threadid=1324) will help the JSI effort ;)

Daza
04-04-2002, 05:00 PM
any one wanting to join the gauntlet rather then going to all the trouble of being added just send ur wu's through my account email is brewerman@free.net.nz :D :D

Richard Clyne
04-04-2002, 06:17 PM
grrrr first i get told to only use my computer and leave my sisters and parents alone then they tell me that its too noisy to leave on a nite and now im getting told to stop cruncing all together......what do they mean it cant be left going while on holiday???

Glad my mum is a bit deaf. I have 5 computers on 24/7 next to her bedroom :D

Daza
04-04-2002, 07:05 PM
ohhh well i have just transfered my last wu for the gauntlet i figured that id borrow my mothers machine for the day while she was at work and deleate setti of it afterwards but its tooo slow to get a single wu done...i thought itwouldnt be too bad but, its a 1200 duron 256 ram and my 1000tbird 256 ram seems to be shittng on it?? does setti demand more cache or something. enjoy the rest of the gauntlet and when i get back i better see that JSI kicked arse

mr_mann
04-04-2002, 07:26 PM
good luck daza :D

Daza
04-04-2002, 09:33 PM
and this is the very last message you will get frmo me in a little while.....BTW remember feel free to put your setti wu's through brewerman@free.net.nz to contribute to the gauntlet hehe cya ppl

mr_mann
04-04-2002, 10:03 PM
bye daza good luck!

Alpha_7
04-04-2002, 11:16 PM
have fun on ya holiday :)

hopefully team JBI can give you a nice surprise for when
you come back...

.... you dont mind losing do you ?? :P

mr_mann
04-04-2002, 11:38 PM
dont mind losing? we arent going to lose and thats a promise :D

Alpha_7
04-04-2002, 11:54 PM
You sound awfully sure of yourself mr mann...

what do you know that we dont ?

Papa Shango [JSI]
04-05-2002, 07:27 AM
we aren't going to lose :p :p Team jsi is going 0wn j00 :p :p

megadose_
04-05-2002, 07:29 AM
I added a couple little ones this morning. 2 333 P2's and a 366 celery. Might get another 450 p2 later.

mr_mann
04-05-2002, 07:39 AM
awesome keep it up megadose_ :D

Richard Clyne
04-05-2002, 07:46 AM
Do I detect a hint of panic ;)

Your already kicking our rear ends, and you feel you must add more :), Why?

Papa Shango [JSI]
04-05-2002, 08:14 AM
Your already kicking our rear ends, and you feel you must add more :), Why?

we want to gain a big lead :p :p :p :p

megadose_
04-05-2002, 08:30 AM
I have another 10 Ghz or so laying around here idle I can't start up and it's just about driving me crazy:( :eek: :D

mr_mann
04-05-2002, 12:34 PM
please add it mega! please!!!! we need it!

megadose_
04-05-2002, 01:41 PM
Trust me I would if I could. Boss doesn't want it on those machines. They're just the accounting office machines. Really ticks me off:rolleyes:

Alpha_7
04-05-2002, 08:05 PM
We always love to have more boxen hooked up, but dont do it if your risking pissing your boss off, or getting fired. Its not worth that much trouble...

DarkStar
04-08-2002, 07:17 PM
So, fellow JSI'ers - is it time to RAMP UP yet?
http://web.newsguy.com/sanford/images/bomb20_2a.jpg

Dyyryath
04-08-2002, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I guess I'd better add some more systems.

Oh, wait...wrong team! You weren't talking to me, were you? ;) :D

Alpha_7
04-08-2002, 11:12 PM
I think he was ;), see I think he wants a really close finish..

so we had better ramp it up, to draw a bit closer to Team JSI then we are now...
:thumbs:

mr_mann
04-09-2002, 12:22 PM
Darkstar yes it is time for more machines :D ADDLOTSMORE!!!

so we can spank :spank: team JBI

DarkStar
04-09-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
Yeah, I guess I'd better add some more systems.

Oh, wait...wrong team! You weren't talking to me, were you? ;) :D Someone set him up the bomb! :haddock:

Papa Shango [JSI]
04-10-2002, 05:57 AM
i know i'm not the captain of the team but CRUNCH HARDER and i'll give ya loads of virtual beers :D :cheers:

megadose_
04-10-2002, 02:49 PM
Condor, you da man:scared:

One heck of a dump. :notworthy :D :D

Condor
04-10-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by megadose_
Condor, you da man:scared:

One heck of a dump. :notworthy :D :D

It was not intentional. I accidentally took my SetiQueue off-line,:confused: but things are functioning fine for me now.:thumbs:

mr_mann
04-10-2002, 05:35 PM
j00 0wn m3 :D :notworthy :notworthy

megadose_
04-11-2002, 08:12 AM
Darkstar, is that right.:shocked: I saw the stats this morning and spit me coffee all over the place.:spray: Made Condor's dump look punnie. :D :notworthy

DarkStar
04-11-2002, 09:17 AM
I saw the stats this morning and spit me coffee all over the place
Well ... it's really not quite the dump it appears to be from the daily stats pages - what shows up there is actually two days' worth of production in terms of the gauntlet. Because of the problems reaching Stanford (I was starting two hours before the stats pull, and not all of each day's production was getting uploaded in time) I decided to reset my primary queue to transmit early for the rest of the gauntlet.

megadose_
04-11-2002, 09:25 AM
I wondered, 180 units for yesterday is still up there. :thumbs:

I just added my home Dell 8200 at 1.7 GHz. That thing rocks at seti. It was averaging 3hr 13min a Wu after 4 units. That's screamin I thought. :smoking:

Condor
04-11-2002, 10:02 AM
Holy DarkStar!!! :notworthy

mr_mann
04-11-2002, 12:38 PM
lol wanna share with me?!?!
everyone should dump WU's into my account :D

DarkStar
04-11-2002, 12:49 PM
It was averaging 3hr 13min a Wu after 4 units. That's screamin I thought.
That's way cool! I'm making a note of that since it's going to be time to replace "my" box in the very near future. Fastest thing I have here is a P3/1000 that averages a teeny bit under 6hr a work unit.

Richard Clyne
04-12-2002, 12:31 PM
Let me over congratulations to Team JSI for their fine win in the gauntlet.

We salute you all

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :rotfl:

mr_mann
04-12-2002, 12:39 PM
i thought i would do good in this gauntlet by bringing my production up to 18 a day or so... but NOO :D
my team mates showed me who my daddy was and we at team JSI whooped some boooty :D

congrats guys time to start drinkin! :D
:cheers:

megadose_
04-12-2002, 05:53 PM
18 a day, that do that in my head:D :D

Good job team. It was fun runnin with yous guys. Now let's party :cheers:

Paratima
04-12-2002, 06:56 PM
That WAS fun! :D Wish I had paid more attention and got in earlier and stronger, but I was distracted by some stuff in RL.

Anyhow, congrats to the heroes of Team JSI! :cheers: Ya done good. I'd be up to do this again sometime, and now I know the configuration I need to use. But right now I gotta get back to another project & see what a certain ColinT has been up to while I was chasin' LGMs. Oh yeah, and I'll have one more of those beers on my way out. Thanks, everybody.

Alpha_7
04-13-2002, 10:24 PM
Well done and Congratulations to TEAM JSI :cheers: :D

A hard fought battle and a well deserved victory, thanks to all the competitors on both Team JSI and JBI. My first gauntlet has been lots of fun, and I'm sure you can agree that its good to get to know more of the DC community and have fun with them too :)

Good Work!

And enjoy the party guys :|party|:

Cheers,
Craig aka Alpha_7

P.S. Looking forward to the next one :D After I've had a little break.

Richard Clyne
04-13-2002, 11:19 PM
Great to hear from you.:D

Enjoy your break. We will be here.

Daza
04-14-2002, 03:19 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: we won :D :D good stuff jsi...... after you take that 5% of it was pretty close as well :thumbs: