PDA

View Full Version : Stats Are Coming!

Dyyryath
03-14-2002, 01:56 AM
I spent an hour or so today coding a Distributed Folding plugin for my Stats Tracker engine. It appears to be working correctly, and it's building the database now. I've got it updating every hour at 15 minutes after.

This is running on my home stats server rather than the Free-DC server at the moment. Eventually, I'll move it over and make it a part of the Free-DC website, but for now I've put up a basic page to test with. It's on my personal website (http://www.zerothelement.com), and is currently refreshing every hour at 20 minutes after (5 minutes after the spider runs). The 'Personal Stats Pages' and graphs haven't been enabled yet, but I'll probably get those going tomorrow sometime.

You can find the temporary page here (http://www.zerothelement.com/fdc-stats/distfold/index-1.shtml). Feel free to use it. I'll let everyone know when I'm ready to move it to the Free-DC servers.

IronBits
03-14-2002, 02:12 AM
That be lookin real gooood!! :D

pointwood
03-14-2002, 03:17 PM
looks very sweet :cool:

/me wonders whether there will be team stats also? Maybe top 10 like on the projects website?

Dyyryath
03-14-2002, 03:20 PM
The answer is yes, eventually. I'm going to try to get the teams section up over the weekend.

I'll probably put up a temporary TSF page on my site today as well.

pointwood
03-14-2002, 03:26 PM
w000t!

/me feels happy :)

Paratima
03-14-2002, 05:43 PM
Beautiful stats, Dyyryath! Nice numbers, too. :D

Mitsu
05-07-2002, 07:00 AM
Whom ever works on the web page might want to take a look at this post:

Dens Stats (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,3223505~root=folding~mode=flat)

Dyyryath
05-08-2002, 12:08 PM
That sucks. Den's been doing a GREAT job on stats. It's one of the reasons I haven't gotten too caught up doing team vs team stuff.

Looks like I'm going to have to take a break from my current project and try to find some time to put something together.

Paratima
05-09-2002, 11:25 AM
Did our 72-hour averages offend someone? :(

Paratima
05-09-2002, 02:24 PM
Oh! :eek: They came back!

Dyyryath
05-10-2002, 12:50 AM
Heh, yeah they're back. There was about a 4 hour break in the data collection the other day, so each time it gets to that same time on a subsequent day, it doesn't bother to calculate the average.

It should have completely worked itself out by tomorrow. :)

Richard Clyne
05-10-2002, 04:52 AM
Have I done something to offend our stats system, Dyy.

All my stats have disappeared. :cry:

Apart from that, great work. :notworthy :cool:

Paratima
05-10-2002, 06:29 AM
It's clear to me that it ain't at all clear to me. There's evidently more to this stats business than ever occurred to me! Dyy, you da man! :notworthy Keep 'em comin'.

Dyyryath
05-10-2002, 10:45 AM
Hey Richard, which stats do you mean? For Distributed Folding I have you showing up on 2002-05-09 at 10:00:00 for the first time. Were you crunching DF before this?

EDIT: Ah, wait a second, I see what happened. I've got you fixed, though it'll take a day or two to work the 72 hr average out.

Just for the curious, here's what happened:

Distributed Folding (the project) tracks users via a unique 'handle'. This makes it easy for them to tell users apart. Yet, because these handles are pretty meaningless to most users, they allow users to show up in the stats under a username that they pick.

Unfortunately, those usernames don't have to be unique. :(

This causes a problem when you try to track stats. You don't have any good way to determine who's who.

In our case, the stats engine "attempts" to tell users with the same name apart by a combination of their username and organization field.

However, when someone who currently exists in the stats changes their organization field, it tricks the stats engine into thinking someone new has joined.

I'm afraid that's what happened to you, Richard. When you switched from 'x' to 'FreeDC' in your Organization field, you inadvertently created a second user account and confused the stats. :)

I've updated the original account with your new Organization and merged the two so you should be looking good now.

Sorry about that...

Moogie
05-10-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Paratima
It's clear to me that it ain't at all clear to me. There's evidently more to this stats business than ever occurred to me! Dyy, you da man! :notworthy Keep 'em comin'.

I'm with Paratima! Great work Dyy! :cheers: Glad we have you around to help out. :D

Richard Clyne
05-10-2002, 11:58 AM
Dyy,

Cheers. :thumbs:

Paratima
05-11-2002, 12:47 PM
Dyyryath, just for grins, how many hits a day do you get on our little stats page? What I'm looking for here is stats on the stats...

MAD-ness
05-11-2002, 02:31 PM
Dyyryath:

In case it hasn't been mentioned before, we all appreciate what you do for our various DF teams and for the project as a whole.

Don't want to sound like I am sucking up, but I know it must be a lot of work and it would be a shame if you didn't realize how appreciated your work is.

Moogie
05-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by MAD-ness
Dyyryath:

In case it hasn't been mentioned before, we all appreciate what you do for our various DF teams and for the project as a whole.

Don't want to sound like I am sucking up, but I know it must be a lot of work and it would be a shame if you didn't realize how appreciated your work is.

MAD-ness,

I couldn't have said it better myself (and I should have thought of it). Thank you for thinking of this. I would like to add my thanks as well.

Dyyryath
05-11-2002, 06:41 PM
Dyyryath, just for grins, how many hits a day do you get on our little stats page? What I'm looking for here is stats on the stats...

Oh good lord, Paratima, you ARE a stats junkie. :D :D

However, I do happen to have those numbers available:

The most viewed stats page on my site is the TGC (The Genome Collective) page with just about 100 hits per day on average.

However, the Free-DC Distributed Folding page is right on it's heels with about 90 hits per day.

Third is Team Stir Fry with about 60 hits per day.

Team Endeavor brings up the rear with only about 50 hits per day. ;)

Now, since Paratima's been so kind as to bring it up, I have to say that I'm disappointed to see Free-DC lagging behind TGC. Obviously I'm going to have to add something new and interesting to the Free-DC pages to boost the page views. :D :D

Paratima
05-11-2002, 06:49 PM
Hahahahaha! Thanks Dyy. Do ya think maybe if I change my meds... :D

Moogie
05-12-2002, 01:08 PM
Hahahahaha! Thanks Dyy. Do ya think maybe if I change my meds... :D

I'm not sure a change of meds would help you now. :)

mr_mann
05-12-2002, 01:14 PM
moogie you have to admit you have those weird urges to view all the stats u can... now dont you :D

i have that urge all the time.. ever when i sleep...

i check my stats as soon as i wake up and right before i go to bed :D

Moogie
05-12-2002, 01:18 PM
I assure you (twitch) I have (twitch) absolutely know idea (twitch) what you are referring to (twitch).

:D

mr_mann
05-12-2002, 01:21 PM
I assure you (twitch) I have (twitch) absolutely know idea (twitch) what you are referring to (twitch).

LOL! :jester: ive never got so bad that i twitched :D you need to get that checked out :D

Moogie
05-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by mr_mann

LOL! :jester: ive never got so bad that i twitched :D you need to get that checked out :D

I tried (twitch) but they couldn't (twitch) help me. :D

Must...resist..noooooooooo stats.....(twitch) :help:

mr_mann
05-12-2002, 03:24 PM
if i knew how to make neato stats i would :) but i dont know anything about them

Moogie
05-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Same here. :) I just let the experts like Dyy :notworthy handle it. :)

mr_mann
05-12-2002, 03:43 PM
i wish i knew how to do it.. i would have much goodness of stats done :D

Moogie
05-12-2002, 04:06 PM
True. And think...it would be right there for you to look at whenever you wished. :p

mr_mann
05-12-2002, 05:50 PM
thats it! im tired of not knowing! im going to learn perl :D

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
05-23-2002, 11:53 AM
Dyyryath,

As an avid fan of stats, especially stats that are presented well, I have often admired and envied your stats pages. Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of looking at my own stats on your beautiful stats pages because I am a member of a team that you haven't yet chosen to be a beneficiary of your fine development efforts.

You hinted earlier in this thread that you might be expanding your coverage to other teams. I hope that you might add stats for KWSN at some point. I don't know what we could do for you to help you make time for the development.

Even if you don't grace my team with a stats page, I look forward to your new enhancements!

Ni! :cheers: :notworthy :D

TheOtherPhil
05-23-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Dyyryath

Oh good lord, Paratima, you ARE a stats junkie. :D :D

However, I do happen to have those numbers available:

The most viewed stats page on my site is the TGC (The Genome Collective) page with just about 100 hits per day on average.

Hehehe, we are stats whores! Thanks Dyyryath, your stats rock :)

Dyyryath
05-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
Dyyryath,

As an avid fan of stats, especially stats that are presented well, I have often admired and envied your stats pages. Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of looking at my own stats on your beautiful stats pages because I am a member of a team that you haven't yet chosen to be a beneficiary of your fine development efforts.

You hinted earlier in this thread that you might be expanding your coverage to other teams. I hope that you might add stats for KWSN at some point. I don't know what we could do for you to help you make time for the development.

Even if you don't grace my team with a stats page, I look forward to your new enhancements!

Good things are likely to come your way soon... ;)

Paratima
05-23-2002, 10:18 PM
Whaddaya mean "stats junkie"?

If it only updated every other hour, I'd waste only half as much time checking on who's where. :D

No, I wouldn't either. Heh. I'd probably check on it twice as often, just to make sure I hadn't forgotten some important detail. Nice try, though. :p

Oops! Almost 20 after the hour! See ya.

Dyyryath
05-23-2002, 11:09 PM
Try Our New & Improved 'Commetized' Stats!

DF Stats at Zeroth Element (http://yttrium.zerothelement.com/fdc-stats/distfold/index-1.shtml)

Now with COMMAS for easier reading! ;)

Other good things are coming your way soon (maybe even tonight). Free-DC members check your Personal Stats Page for a glimpse of what's to come. You may have to hit 'Refresh' to force your browser to reload the CSS sheet if it doesn't display the new control panel correctly. You might even take a guess at what the check boxes next to every user's name in the stats page are for... :D :D

Dyyryath
05-23-2002, 11:13 PM
Oh yeah, Paratima: I'm still closing on you & I'm beginning to pick up steam. :D :D

Paratima
05-23-2002, 11:25 PM
Hey, I'm the guy who reads the stats, remember? :cool:

Besides, I've been steamrollered so often, I'm beginning to LIKE being flat!

Paratima
05-23-2002, 11:39 PM
I LIKE commas in numbers!! Makes it much easier to read. :thumbs:

Personal Stats page lookin' good. Looks like some fun toys comin'.
BTW, it's probably safe to drop the decimal points from "Daily Gain".

Dyyryath
05-24-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
Dyyryath,

I've always been a fan of the various KWSN teams, so...here you go:

KWSN - Distributed Folding Stats at Zeroth Element Systems (http://www.zerothelement.com/kwsn-stats/index-1.shtml)

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
05-24-2002, 12:13 PM
Dyyryath you are too cool! :thumbs: :cheers: :cool:

Thanks!

Dyyryath
05-24-2002, 12:14 PM
You're welcome. You may want to let your teammates know about them. I don't have the slightest idea where you DF types hang out. ;)

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
05-24-2002, 12:17 PM
We are in the process of migrating to a new board.

Here is the new url:

http://www.kwsnforum.com

I have posted a link to your new stats.

You are the stats guru! Thanks again.

NI! :cheers: :D :cool: :|party|: :thumbs:

KWSN_robegeor
05-24-2002, 12:55 PM
Dyyryath, you rock!!!!:|party|: :cheers: :D :thumbs:

Mucho Thanks.

KWSN_rg

KWSN-DD849
05-24-2002, 03:15 PM
A big THANKS for the STATS. Beautiful work!!!!

jkeating
05-24-2002, 10:34 PM
WoooooHoooooo

Thanks for the KWSN stats :thumbs:

GOLDENBALLSAINTYORK
05-25-2002, 10:22 AM
:thumbs:
Cheers for the stats page D. Nice Work and much appreciated...
Ni!

IronBits
05-25-2002, 10:43 AM
I must say, Dyyryath, your new stats engine is just unbelievable!
:notworthy
Fantastic work there pal! :cheers:

MAD-ness
05-25-2002, 01:42 PM
Just a note for Dyyryath (as if he isn't overworked enough) there is a thread on the official forums that might warrant a little bit of attention from one of you Free-DC mavens:

http://free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=746&pagenumber=2

Quick summary:

Someone suggested making a new sub forum (like the technical support and bug tracking forums) that was "educational" and where threads like the "RMSD king of the hill" and the "science of DF" thread could be put. Basically, when one of these impromptu science discussions breaks out that contains useful information about the project, could those threads be tossed into this "educational" forum for easier and more obvious perusal.

It isn't anything pressing, just thought I would drop a note here (it doesn't warrant an email or PM as far as I am concerned).

Thanks.

Gunslinger
05-25-2002, 06:39 PM
Really neat stats Dyyryath! :cool:

That was the one thing I missed when I moved from 3dhq to kwsn.

You've really made my day. :)

Nice work - thanks again! :thumbs: :cheers:

Ni!

KWSN-DD849
06-01-2002, 05:55 PM
Another KUDOS to Dyyryath. I sent thanks when you first put up the KWSN stats, but after using them it doesn't seem enough!!!!
Exraordinary STATS:cheers:

Ni!
Kent