PDA

View Full Version : data file checksum failed

tpdooley
08-20-2003, 07:44 PM
========================[ Aug 20, 2003 2:49 PM ]========================
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4504} File .\myhandle_0_myhandle_protein_27_0000038_min.val is corrupt, missing or has been tampered with; cannot continue - replace file and start again, or manually delete filelist.txt
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4616} Error during upload: Data file checksum failed
-----------
OS: winxp home. (original). just cleaned of the msblaster worm. was left running NAV last night. (it was clean).

the directory was copied off a usb memory stick, and I went and selected all the files in the copied directories (aka c:\folding and c:\folding\distribfold) and removed the read-only attribute from them.

When I hooked it up to the internet today.. it uploaded 37 structures, and then the client disappeared. I checked, and there were some files in the directory that were marked read-only again. (didn't check to see which ones..)

If you want this - the whole directory is about 18megs right now - which means it'll be too large to zip down to a size that'll fit on my website. Are you interested in a subset of the directory? Or have suggestions on a spot I can upload this temporarily?

Brian the Fist
08-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Is the named file or something close to it there? The data checksum failure message indicates a serious error with the named file - if you can fiond it, please send just that one file and I can take a look whats wrong with it.

tpdooley
09-01-2003, 10:26 PM
I now have a second machine that complained about this error. It's been running offline (not by switch settings.. just disconnected from the cable) - and was missing about 3 min.val files. Today was the first time in the last week that the machine's had any problem uploading.

the first one mentioned here was missing about 31 min.val files.

(using "dir *min.val /od /p and comparing that to the entries in filelist.txt).

Is there anything in either of these two directories that you would like sent, other than what I sent the first time?

Brian the Fist
09-02-2003, 11:20 AM
I do not recall having seen your file before so remind me what happened if thats the case. Either way if you got a Data File Checksum error again, please send me the named file to have a look whats wrong with it (you can send to trades@mshri.on.ca with a short note on why you are sending it or a link to this thread)

tpdooley
09-02-2003, 08:16 PM
After the error listed - a collection of about 31 of the min.val files were missing. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have access to the missing files to send the corrupted one. Could this be caused by transmission errors? My highly reliable 24/7 cable connection *snicker* has suffered citywide power outage, and several intermittent loss of contact with the internet as a whole over the past few weeks. (aka not limited to just not being able to see the DF servers).

I used foldtrajlite -purgeuploadlist 30, and it seems to have uploaded the remaining files and didn't post errors in the error log.

------------
The second set is missing about 8 (went back and actually counted) min.val files; and it switches from complaining about missing min.val files when you purgeuploadlist a total of 7 of them. Then it starts uploading, and the server complains about a missing generation.
I seem to have deleted the error log (since it was so large) - and emptied the recycle bin on the 30th.. so it's been folding along complaining about the missing min.val file everytime it tries to upload since then, and I don't have the original error that popped up when it started having troubles uploading.
So it doesn't look like I've got anything useful to help track down the problem - just the statement that I've lost lots of min.val files on 2 different machines now.

Brian the Fist
09-03-2003, 11:36 AM
I have no clue from your description what is wrong, sorry. If it occurs again, please save the dir and send to us for inspection before deleting anything and maybe we can identify the problem.

tpdooley
09-03-2003, 04:11 PM
I've got both directories saved; I make copies of them before playing with them.. They're larger than I can fit on my 5 meg web space, even zipped/rared.

If anyone has suggestions on fast web space (20Meg+) that doesn't require you to jump through hoops to download - please give me a link.. :)

Brian the Fist
09-04-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by tpdooley
I've got both directories saved; I make copies of them before playing with them.. They're larger than I can fit on my 5 meg web space, even zipped/rared.

If anyone has suggestions on fast web space (20Meg+) that doesn't require you to jump through hoops to download - please give me a link.. :)

Yahoo Briefcase isnt too painful if youre a yahoo member already