PDA

View Full Version : It Works

rsbriggs
08-20-2003, 08:22 PM
It works !!

Everything is working here. I have my first net-boot board officially crunching DF, the M7VIQ board the IB recommended !!

I have things set up so it logs into /home/wsxxxx and executes a script called start-up. Start-up can be anything, but it currently does:

cd distribfold
nohup ./foldit &

Had troubles with NFS. It's the full-duplex stuff, as PCZ suspected. Grabbed one of the two-dozen or so 24-port 10 base-t switches I have around here and plugged it in - NIC switched out of full duplex mode, and I haven't seen a timeout since !

:thumbs: :elephant: :thumbs: :cheers: :|party|:

Now to start building me some split power supply cables - I'll run two boards off of each power supply. Yes, I have the necessary tools and parts to build the cables (but the darn parts to build a split cable cost as much as a PS would.)

IronBits
08-20-2003, 09:33 PM
:elephant: with the onboard NIC to????

I have a bash prompt # :D

Getting closer!!! :cheers:

PCZ
08-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Now we need to work out how to load the telnet daemon so we can access them remotely.

rsbriggs
On the ASrock I used amibcp to edit the bios to remove the F1 message on bootup
I can email you the bios if you like. Or FTP it up somewhere you have access to.

rsbriggs
08-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Everyone is all paranoid about security these days - they make it hard to even figure out how to FIND telnet....

I believe that telnetd is run by tcpd