PDA

View Full Version : VB Guru? Fellow cruncher needs help!

Talon
03-14-2002, 03:09 PM
Hey guys, Talon from 3DHQ.net (http://www.3dhq.net) here. I have a question for the resident VBulletin Guru. I have asked this one over at VB.Com, and was ignored! So, here it goes..How do I change the font color in the Private message area for the "Move, Delete, Cancel" etc buttons? I have tried everything I know, but nothing works! I have attached an image so you better understand what I am talking about. I only ask, because I see you have a different color font than I do.

Thanks for any help in advance!

ColinT
03-14-2002, 03:52 PM
I looked at the source. It looks like the button's text color is set there. Try manually changing it from black to white. Here is the relevant section. It is a multiselect, with three options. I suggest you change color:#ffffff to color:#000000. See what happens.

We never found a setting that changes that color.

-------------------------------------------------------

<form action="private.php3" method="post" name="form">
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#939285" align="center" colspan="7"><b><font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="2" color="#202020">
<br>There are no messages to display in this folder for this time period.<br><br>
</font><b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#404040" align="right" colspan="7"><font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" color="#202020" color="#FFFFFF"><b>
<input type="hidden" name="s" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="dostuff">
<input type="hidden" name="thisfolder" value="0">
Selected messages: <select name="folderid">
<option value="0">Inbox</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" class="bginput" name="move" value="Move" style="background-color:#606060;color:#ffffff;font-size:10px;font-weight:bold">
or <input type="submit" class="bginput" name="fmulti" value="Forward" title="Forward selected messages to another member
You may forward 5 messages at a time." style="background-color:#606060;color:#ffffff;font-size:10px;font-weight:bold">
or <input type="submit" class="bginput" name="delete" value="Delete" style="background-color:#606060;color:#ffffff;font-size:10px;font-weight:bold">
</b></font></td>
</tr>
</form>

Talon
03-14-2002, 04:31 PM
ok, thanks alot. I will take a look and see what I can change. What part of the PM system were you looking at when you did that?

ColinT
03-14-2002, 04:52 PM
The page source on the Private Message page.

Talon
03-14-2002, 09:59 PM
Ok, thanks for you help!

Talon
03-15-2002, 02:10 PM
ok, finally found it.

The template that needs to be edited is headerinclude, and it is this part:

TEXTAREA, .bginput {
FONT-SIZE: 12px;
FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
COLOR: #ffffff;
BACKGROUND-COLOR: #CFCFCF