PDA

View Full Version : thankful for free-DC

FoBoT
03-15-2002, 11:52 AM
some people may have noted the recent events at dslreports, some members left the distributed folding UN-team, Team Endevour and went to 3dhq.net
then they went back

after reading many posts , i finally figured out what the deal was

somebody named justin , who seems to be in charge of something at dslreports , flat out denied his "members" from forming an official DF team

similar to some of the discussions at Ars when they formed TSF, there were people posting on Ars about how more teams are bad, and it would take away from existing projects/teams

well thank goodness for freedom

if i was on a team where one person , or just a few old SETI/RC5 whatever members could say "no , you can't start a new team for a new project, you have to keep doing SETI for the next 4000 years, other wise you are a disloyal sh!tbag" , well i would leave too

i don't like that at all, one guy at dslreports decides which projects people can run as an "official" team , that is carp!

sure glad y'all started free-dc so i can avoid carp like that mess :rolleyes:

Talon
03-15-2002, 01:27 PM
Couldn't agree with you more FoBot. Even though this is a competative "sport" for all of us, it is supposed to be fun. As a webmaster and site owner, I am not just concerned about the Team, but about the entire site. If you start telling members what they can, and can't run/do, those members are going to leave. Period. Like Free-DC, members at 3dhq.net can run what projects they like. We currently only have forums for the Distributed Folding, but that is because it is the first project taken up as a "team" project. Lots of our members crunch other projects for other teams as well!

So, cheers to Free-DC for your efforts as a team, and for the good nature of your members and staff. :D

Talon,
www.3dhq.net

Smiling Carnivore
03-15-2002, 04:13 PM
Nice words Fobot, I couldn't have said it better myself. It's good to know that I can crunch whatever I wish and still be able to fly the Free-DC banner.