PDA

View Full Version : Another DF Bug Squashed?

Dyyryath
08-28-2003, 11:43 PM
It sure sounds that way. Here's what Howard had to say:<br><br><table width="90%" border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" bordercolor="#63635A" bgcolor="#E7E7E2" align="center"><tr><td style="font-size: 12px; font-style: italic;">I believe I have fixed a bug on the server. What would happen is you upload a bunch of results and at some point get cut off for some reason. On that last generation you uploaded, gen. X, only part of it gets through so the server partially handles it. When you upload again later, the server sees gen. X again and says 'Ive seen this before' so discards it. However, your growing protein folding movie is at gen. X-1 only since X didnt get fully processed last time. Then you upload gen X+1 and although the data is not duplicate, it cannot find Gen. X, only Gen. X-1. Hence you get a 'previous generation missing' error. Next comes Gen X+2 and since X+1 couldnt be added anywhere, neither can X+2, and so on up to gen 250 from this point.<br><br>I believe a number of people have experienced this problem though it was difficult to nail down from the descriptions until someone mailed me a dataset I could reproduce the problem from (thanks!).<br><br>Note if you are currently experiencing this error, it will still not work - you must use the -purgeuploadlist feature to wipe out everything to the end of gen 250 or delete filelist.txt. However, from now on this 'bug' should not occur. Please keep an eye out if you have been having this problem and let us know if it indeed appears to be fixed (but remember, if its already messed up in our current data set, that doesn't count).<br><br>Hope this makes everyone's life easier!</td></tr></table><br><br>If you still see this error, make sure you <a href="http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4040">let Howard know</a>.