PDA

View Full Version : How to get running again

IronBits
03-15-2002, 07:43 PM
IF you DELETE all the files in \distribfold and put a copy of the new client in there (don't forget to put the handle.txt and autoupdate.cfg back in there) it runs right off the bat, no problems.
I lost alot of work, but so did everyone else. Unfortunate, but, that's life. Get it working again, while they sort out what happened. That's what is important at this time.

Might want to make a copy of the directory first, in case they find a way to upload the data later on.

IronBits
03-15-2002, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure the client is able to get work yet, but they are all running. If I use Q to stop it, it errors out saying can't find server, bad handle or something like that.

When I restart, it says it's uploading previous work, fails to find server, and goes back to work.
/me shrugs
Hang in there folks... It's not just you, or just us, it's everyone.
I realize it must be a major PITA for our large pharmers! :(

IronBits
03-15-2002, 08:03 PM
What's New

03/15/2002

- Congratulations to everyone on their hard work, we've reached our target of 1 billion structures for our first protein, 1ENH (engrailed homeodomain). A homedomain is a family of protein structures that recognize specific DNA binding sites. This structure is found in disease genes causing birth defects and cancers like rhabdomyosarcoma and leukemia.

- Our next protein will be 1PMC, proteinase inhibitor. This is a bioactive peptide hormone from a migratory locust with a small beta-strand structure, well suited for our testing. Our best RMSD in a sample of 100,000 structures was 5.95 A. Let's see how much we can improve on this.

- Auto-update should be kicking in now to send you the next protein we will be working on. Report any problems with auto-update to us as this is the first official test of it. The data we've collected will be analyzed over the next little while and results posted as soon as we have them. Happy Folding!

- Added support for proxy servers which require NTLM Authentication

IronBits
03-15-2002, 08:32 PM
I got a NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER - WILL TRY AGAIN LATER after completing a WU.
Colin says when you hit 6 completed, it will fail :(

IronBits
03-15-2002, 08:39 PM
As I feared...
You seem to be experiencing network problems, or may be using an invalid handle. Please correct and try again.

I'll toss up some Seti WUs while I wait for them to sort this one out I guess...

Angus
03-15-2002, 09:32 PM
I haven't had a single machine do the autoupdate...

After doing manual updates, they still won't connect to upload results.

Bummer..