PDA

View Full Version : all around DC stat?

FoBoT
12-28-2001, 12:34 AM
has anybody ever thought of creating an overall/combo type stat?
that would take into account a users participation in several projects?

is it possible?

sorta like the decathalon in the olympics?

TSpurrell
12-28-2001, 01:12 AM
I like the idea of being able to go one place to pull your stats for all projects.

JTrinkle
12-28-2001, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I thought of it when I was doing the ASC but the enormity of it was boggling to me... ie: how would you weigh the different wu's in each project against each other to determine the individuals total scores. Plus people have different names in different projects making combining the scores a nightmare.

anybody else have any suggestions??
-Jim

TSpurrell
12-28-2001, 02:06 AM
You really don't need to try and compare stats between different projects. Just do something like what Dyyryath did with the personal statistics stats tracking on the teamsoup homepage. Make it where you can enter in your different account names for each project and get your daily production and totals for the projects you participate in.

JTrinkle
12-28-2001, 09:57 AM
TSpurrell,
Ok, now I see where your going with this... It's a great idea IMO

The ability to go to one place and retrieve all your personal DC data on one page would definately be nice.

I'll mention this to Dyy and see what we can cook up.

-Jim

relic
12-28-2001, 10:07 AM
Nice idea....
But what if I DC for several teams in different projects?
Do you have any room in your stats for a "half" Free-DC'er?

Dyyryath
12-28-2001, 12:51 PM
You know, that's a really cool idea. It's also something I could definately do, especially considering the changes I'm going to be making to my latest stats engine to support the new Free-DC format.

relic: I'd say YES. If you are a member of a Free-DC team in at least one project, I would allow that user to view their stats for all projects regardless of their team.

Chas
12-28-2001, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
You know, that's a really cool idea. It's also something I could definately do, especially considering the changes I'm going to be making to my latest stats engine to support the new Free-DC format.

relic: I'd say YES. If you are a member of a Free-DC team in at least one project, I would allow that user to view their stats for all projects regardless of their team.

That sir sounds bloody brilliant :D