PDA

View Full Version : DF top 3, phear the new crack rack!

FoBoT
09-15-2003, 03:14 PM
i gotta bring my webcam in to work tomorrow, the warehouse guy just brought me a rack of 15 2400+ boxen :D

DF top 3, i am coming for you! :machgun:

p.s. my employer doesn't actually buy me pc's for DC :rolleyes:

they will be using their non-DC cycles to do some stress testing, but the program doesn't use much CPU power , so not too much Ghz will be wasted! :D

:neener:

IronBits
09-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Nice!!! :cheers:

rsbriggs
09-15-2003, 03:54 PM
Hey - what better stress test than to max out the CPU doing intensive math calculations? Tests the ram, too - DF will even tell you if it thinks you are overclocking.

(RLEncoding error. was 300 should have been 400*400.... This often happens due to overclocking or bad ram chips. So sorry. Bzzzt. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Please discard all your work (try -purgeuploadlist 9999), remove filelist.txt and start over. Have a nice day....) :swear: :bang:

Angus
09-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by FoBoT
i gotta bring my webcam in to work tomorrow, the warehouse guy just brought me a rack of 15 2400+ boxen :D

DF top 3, i am coming for you! :machgun:

p.s. my employer doesn't actually buy me pc's for DC :rolleyes:

they will be using their non-DC cycles to do some stress testing, but the program doesn't use much CPU power , so not too much Ghz will be wasted! :D

:eek:

Oh, dear. More rackage for FoBoT.

:idea: Look around for more rackage! Hmmm - are those new Dell duallies I see over THERE?

:tempted:

Good Job, FoBoT !!!

I'll be carerful not to get too many tire marks on me as you go whipping past.

rsbriggs
09-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Congrats on the new rack :thumbs:

(But maybe it will slip by un-noticed that I'm going to thump you over in F@H. :|punch|: )

Fozzie
09-16-2003, 01:06 PM
I'll PM you my handle.

Gotta get that Paratima somehow for his slanderous attack. ;)

Paratima
09-16-2003, 01:33 PM

Moogie
09-16-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Fozzie
I'll PM you my handle.

Gotta get that Paratima somehow for his slanderous attack. ;)

Paratima, you scared? :D

Fozzie
09-16-2003, 03:00 PM
just because he is 40 million ahead of me and produces at 3 times my rate doesn't mean he shouldn't be scared.

I may borg a Cray or 2 just to spite him. :Pokes:

Moogie
09-16-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Fozzie
just because he is 40 million ahead of me and produces at 3 times my rate doesn't mean he shouldn't be scared.

I may borg a Cray or 2 just to spite him. :Pokes:

Now that would be interesting. :D

Paratima
09-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Moogie
Paratima, you scared? :D Terrified! Lemme take a look with the ole binocs.

Ah yes! There's Fozzie (is that his/her/its real name?), waaaaaaay back there on the horizon...

Lemme see here, looking... He's just a spot, after all.
Nope, that's just a gnat. Or maybe a nit? Hard to tell at this distance... :p

Moogie
09-16-2003, 05:36 PM
Quick, before he gets any closer, put your boxen under my id and we'll fend him off!!!!! :fight: :rolleyes: :D

Paratima
09-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm. Uh, yeah, sure... :scratch:

Moogie
09-17-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Paratima
Hmmmmmmmmm. Uh, yeah, sure... :scratch:

Dang...I can never outsmart ya. But you can't blame a girl for trying. :D

IronBits
09-17-2003, 01:37 AM
Top THREE? Top THREE?!?? :scared: :gone:
:moon: :moon: :moon: :D :weggy:

Thor
09-17-2003, 04:08 AM
Well, I'll win the lottery, buy myself a power plant and a warehouse full of boxen....

AND GO STRAIGHT FOR #1 :crazy:

Now everybody sould be scared:bonk: :gone:

Cheers :cheers:

Thor

:fight:

FoBoT
09-17-2003, 09:58 PM
first pic

Moogie
09-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Wow! Nice one FoBot!!! :shocked:

FoBoT
09-19-2003, 12:47 PM
i am going to make time before i go home tonight to get this going, by production has waned a bit, need to fire them proc's up :drums:

Moogie
09-19-2003, 02:22 PM
That would be great! Thanks for all of your effort! It is greatly appreciated! :cheers:

gopher_yarrowzoo
09-20-2003, 06:26 PM
Hmm Well if anyone needs a spare 2200+ XP (not OC'd, yet!)

Just ask me kindly enough :P:crazy:

Chinasaur
09-20-2003, 07:28 PM
Dear Gopher,

Would you consider putting that box on DF please?

We would most ever be humbly in your debt for doing so kind Sir!

Respectfully,

/me

Paratima
09-20-2003, 09:23 PM
Yeah! What he said! :drums: :drums:

FoBoT
09-20-2003, 09:41 PM
i didn't get it turned on , just wired up, got the OS's imaged onto them, but no time to fire them up, yet :cry:

Angus
09-20-2003, 10:27 PM
I can appreciate the effort to get that pile of servers up.

The huge divot in my production today was due to the scheduled replacement of the power conditioner that supplies our entire server room at work.

We took the opportunity to move, clean, reorganize and rewire every piece of computer equipment in there.

I spent a lively few hours pulling old cables from under the raised floor (how did we end up with sooooo many extra/abandoned cables down there?). There were cables dating back to the Unisys, PDP-11 and Vax days. Miles of serial cables used for terminals and printers.

We completely reorganized the room. About 24 tower servers all lined up along the back wall, with their UPSs, KVM switches and their associated devices on tables above the servers.

The rack mounted HP9000s and web servers got new places, with nice new clean power.

We got rid of 20 years of accumulated odds and ends of furniture, placed a couple of nice big tables for a server build area, and got the big production printers way on the other side away from the servers.

3 of us got all that done in 8 hours, and only had one failure when all the boxes were powered up at the end. One hot plug SCSI drive in a raid array failed. It was rebuilding onto a replacement drive when I left.

All in all, a very productive day, and I'm a tired camper.

Anyone seen my hot tub?