PDA

View Full Version : No upload?

perishable pandemonium
09-23-2003, 09:28 PM
For the past several days when I try to upload I get the message "Data file checksum failed" and it starts folding, but it just keeps adding to the data sitting on my computer apparently unable to upload. I'm very...not computer savvy so I have no clue what's wrong here. Any idea how to fix it?

Brian the Fist
09-24-2003, 11:04 AM
You can look in the error.log to see exactly what file has the problem, but if sounds like it has been corrupted.

The easiest way to recover is to delete filelist.txt and it will start over from the beginning again. Be warned that doing this will delete all work that has not been uploaded to us yet though.

If you wish to try to save what is recoverable, let us know and we can try to explain what to do in simple terms.

Stardragon
09-24-2003, 11:05 AM
This means that the data checksum for one of your result files is somehow incorrect, so further results cannot be verified or uploaded. Try 'purgeuploadist -1' once or a few times (as needed until you can upload properly)

perishable pandemonium
09-24-2003, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I'd really like to try and save the work I already had...I DID find the file with the problem, but I don't know what to do with it. >.< Thanks.

Brian the Fist
09-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Look in your filelist.txt, at the last number of the 1st line. For example it could be

fold_0_xxxxxxxx_1_xxxxxxxx_protein_72.log.bz2

Then compute 250-72=178

Then on teh command line run

foldtrajlite -purgeuploadlist 178

(replace 178 by the number you computed)

Then run normally and let it upload.

Make a backup of filelist.txt first in case you mess up.

Hope that helps

perishable pandemonium
09-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Sorry, I really am hopeless, but...where/what is the command line?

Scoofy12
09-25-2003, 06:41 PM
click the start menu and click 'run'

then, if you are on win95/98/me, type 'command', otherwise type 'cmd' and enter. this will get you a good old C:/ prompt. now you can type 'cd <your folding directory path>' and then the foldtrajlite command.

edit: do all that stuff without the 'quotes'